Hawksbury Arvo Fish 22/5 First Soapie Woohoo

bergo

gday raiders headed out around saturday lunch time for an arvo fish. Left around 1130 as i had to work saturday morning. Anyway the weather was trashed lil bergo and i decided lets go try lion island we headed out and my poor little 399 proline was getting smashed. We stayed out there for around 4 hours with getting a just legal bream a just legal flatty and a few small tailor. Around 330 decided to head back in. We anchor up at our second spot and start a nice solid burley trail. Started catching little tailor once again although persisted through them till just after dark and hook onto a feisty 60cm tailor. We then pulled in a nice 30cm flounder which was kept then a just on legal flatty which was released. Considering going home then my line gets thumped. After abit of a fight up comes my maiden jew which only measured 38cm only a soapie but its always good to get off the mark. Only fish kept were the big tailor and flounder. Cheers

bergo

post-10115-127481949615_thumb.jpg

Hi Bergo,

Mate the first jewie is always the hardest. It seems to happen after that and you learn more and get more motivated to target them.

They are a deadset beautiful looking fish. When you get a bigger one the addiction begins.

Cheers

........I caught my first jewie on a soft plastic on Sunday (2" berkley shrimp in neutral colour) it was 65 cms and I was stoked and I caught it at Putney on the Parra river in my tinnie ..Well done on your capture I think it can become a addiction ....Bob ...

i have heard its addictive lol. But i dont want the heartache! You always here about what people have caught but they dont tell us the nights they sat there for 12 hours and not even a touch! So i mightstick to flattys. Lol

...In my case it was only the second time in 57 years of fishing that it was a use lure only day ,,,we also caught 7 legal flathead and 5 just legal bream on on lures (soft and hard ) ..The previous time was two weeks ago with my wife (my fishing buddy )and she caught 5 bream on hard bodies and I caught one ,all around the Cabaita Marina area ....LOTS OF FUN AND NO SMELLY HANDS AND BOAT ..regards Bob ..

Congrats on your first Jewie, Bergo. The first one is always the hardest. :thumbup:

Cheers, Slinky

cheers slinky. If i catch half the quality of fish you have caught i will be a happy camper!!! Cheers bergo

i have heard its addictive lol. But i dont want the heartache! You always here about what people have caught but they dont tell us the nights they sat there for 12 hours and not even a touch! So i mightstick to flattys. Lol

well done on the first soapie

ahah not if u put the effort in u can find them on any day time ect, just a matter of having knowledge of the area u fish in different situations,

Bergo, I forgot to mention, in case that big jew doesn't comes along as expected, you'll have to move around a bit otherwise they're likely to find you upright in your chair with hardly a pulse and icicles growing off your beard.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well done bergo, even the soapies look a great fish.

I can still remember way back when my first came along.

Mate they get bigger from now.

Nothing smells sweeter than a big Jewie in the boat,

they have a smell all of their own.

cheers Rick.