Cold Weather Lizards

Been way too busy over the last month what with my little bloke being attacked by a dog and needing 100 stitches in his melon, kids soccer and life in general. As the soccer grounds were closed for the weekend, nothing was going to stop me heading out this morning not even the predicted 18 knot winds.

Fortunatley, the winds didn't get quite that bad but the rain certainly came down so I got a little wet.

I hit Wollooware Bay early and second cast connected with a fiestly little flat....after that the wind did pick up from the early glassy conditions so clung tight to the old racks and weed beds and pulled out the SX 40....Came up tight on a nice little breambo that went 28 cm and lost one that had to of been mid to high 30's... :1badmood: (Dan 'Buuba Frost - I followed your mates advice re pulling out the crank baits in overcast conditions, thanks for the heads up)

Snuck around into another protected area that usually is good for but all I found were doughnuts!! :tease::tease:

Started to head back to where my little bloke scored his PB Lizard a few weeks back and 2nd cast smacked this 56 cm flat :thumbup::thumbup: Quick pic and back she went...

post-4925-127511400116_thumb.jpg

Next cast and felt a faint tick so I struck and felt weight instantly....a fairly slow fight and no screaming runs in about 7 ft of water but nevertheless a 62 cm Flathead always brings a smile to your dial...quick pic and back she went also.

post-4925-127511923184_thumb.jpg

Couple more drifts and decided to call it a day and go home to dry out....probably would have felt alot tougher had the two Lizards at the end not showed up...

Edited by Poddy Trapper

I hope the young bloke is recovering okay Poddy Trapper.

You scored two quality flatties. :thumbup: Well done on their release too.

Just shows how an "average" day can turn out okay in the end.

Cheers

Peter

Well done Poddy Trapper for the flatties and getting out there in the weather. I am glad WB is still fishing well, however I haven't had chance to get into WB for a couple of weeks due to the wind and weather on my days off. It it looks ok tomorrow morning I might venture out. Hope your boy is recovering ok.

Good effort pulling some nice fish out of Woolloware Bay in the lousy conditions on Saturday Poddy Trapper :thumbup: it goes to show how the right flighty lures get the attention of fish in conditions where using bait more than likely wouldn't produce anything worthwhile at all..

I sincerely hope that the little fellow is recovering well from the nasty dog attach and that he doesn't have any ill effects as time goes by..

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

G'Day Poddy Trapper ,

Glad to hear it worked for you on the Bream we pick up the odd flattie and whiting too while doing that. Showed my mate that technique in Forster at christmas time and have been doing it ever since , got a bag of 5 in the lake Mac Comp in the final hour using that method ,to finish 11th after not getting any fish in my fav spots earlier in the day .

Some good flatties there mate, they definatley would make your day ! :thumbup:

Well Done