Lake Jinderbyne New Pb 66Cm Brown Trout

Joco

Hello Raisers,

My brother and i went over the weekend to Lake Jinderbyne.....

Catching several Rainbow Trout above 40cm mark, my brothers persistancy paid off and managed to crack a new PB....

Caught on a 4kg rod, 4lb braid with 6lb mono leader...

I was just amazed how hard the Trout fought, by having several runs, jumping out of the water and missing all the dead tree logs, rocks, weed beds and shrubs where the line could have been cut.... It took a good 15 minutes to finally land the big brown in the net.... WOW, the biggest ive seen.....

After a few snaps we put the Brown Trout in the catch bag, therefore to get some oxygen in its gills, recover and let him go, BUT to our surprise after 10-15min it died :(

jinderbyne39.jpg

jinderbyne53.jpg

jinderbyne58.jpg

jinderbyne60.jpg

Now thats a Trout! Great effort and the Rainbows look very solid too. What did the big fella hit?

Shame about him dying but they can exhaust themselves especially the older fish and I bet none of it will go to waste :thumbup:

Cheers

Windy

THANKS everyone, going next weekend as well..... :1fishing1:

@MATT - The Rainbow Trout were solid, perfect size for smoking the fillets..... In regards to what the big fella hit (its actually in the first photo, if you look close enough B) MAPPS spinner which was a big surprise...

The big brown did not go to waste, wacked him on the charcoal BBQ, will upload the photo soon...

PS - I heard a rumour that at Lake Jinderbyne they have hatched and release loads and loads of Salmon (Atlantic Salmon)..... Is that TRUE?????

Edited by Joco

Great FISH :1yikes: , a quality Brown , hopefully you can out do your brother next time !

Quite a few years ago I lost a beast of a brown with Jewhunter , it makes me want to grab a box of tissues just thinking about it :1crybaby: . Before I hooked it I think Jewhunter thought I was a starting to get seriously affected by the freezing cold conditions as I was throwing a Gold Bomber [a barra lure] I had painted with white spots and put red dots in the middle ,a three treble Trout lure .

Well done great fish and good pics mate .

Edited by Dan BUBBA Frost

PS - I heard a rumour that at Lake Jinderbyne they have hatched and release loads and loads of Salmon (Atlantic Salmon)..... Is that TRUE?????

They release Salmon most years, both brood stock and fingerlings. A few get quite big but the average size seems to be around 40-50cm and very thin. They seem to prefer deeper shorelines like bits of Hatchery Bay and of course the deeper areas of the lake. Apparently berleying with Pilchards is quite effective but most are caught deep trolling big minnows. The brood stock they release show up from time to time and usually get caught pretty quickly after being released.

On another note, I get the feeling that they are angling to fill Jindabyne this year. The SMA has not drawn from it over the traditional draw down period and they probably have to test the new dam and spillway. Keep your yes on this as if it does the fishing will be fantastic!

Cheers

Windy

THANK you everyone, i will be heading back to the same spot this weekend... Come and say hallo if your around the area...

@ slinkymalinky - The trout definately did not go to waste :biggrin2::thumbup:

jinderbyne64.jpg

@ Matt - Thanks for the info, much appreciated... Now i will look forward to hooking up a Salmon or two....

@ cruisecraft - It looks bigger in the second picture, as it was gutted, and the camera was closer to the fish :thumbup: