Mona Vale

brettmann86

went to mona vale early friday and came up with a big fat zero then house work had to be finished beofre i could do any more,Went out to la perouse early this morning spent an hour straight berlying up with cat food while i rigged up my two eel baits fishin from 2am till 5 I caught 3 bronzies none of

major brag worth but fun none the same all released just keeping the gear warmed up for summer anyone else had that kinda action out round there before? Didnt know theyd be so active in there

Edited by brettmann

went to mona vale early friday and came up with a big fat zero then house work had to be finished beofre i could do any more,Went out to la perouse early this morning spent an hour straight berlying up with cat food while i rigged up my two eel baits fishin from 2am till 5 I caught 3 bronzies none of

major brag worth but fun none the same all released just keeping the gear warmed up for summer anyone else had that kinda action out round there before? Didnt know theyd be so active in there

G'day mate! sounds like you're hitting your target species so well done - I'm sure they'll only get bigger :) Co-incidentally, after all my rather lack-luster efforts up at Mona Vale I was also scouting La Perouse but I don't think I'd be as dedicated as you to pull a 2am-5am! Hope you rugged up mate and kept yourself and your gear warm! Were you down at Bare Island or up in Frenchman's Bay?

Cheers.

G'day mate! sounds like you're hitting your target species so well done - I'm sure they'll only get bigger :) Co-incidentally, after all my rather lack-luster efforts up at Mona Vale I was also scouting La Perouse but I don't think I'd be as dedicated as you to pull a 2am-5am! Hope you rugged up mate and kept yourself and your gear warm! Were you down at Bare Island or up in Frenchman's Bay?

Cheers.

Yeah starting to hit them fairly reguarly, once you kinda sit down and pan out the diets and movements they're still hard to target but you kind of get the feel for them, and well hopefully they will just keep getting bigger.. and i wouldn't have headed to bare island at night not with the weather recently down in frenchmans bay, did grab a look at the swell on the island before i left and it looked pretty hairy.. and me and a few of the fella's are actually heading up to mona vale again this weekend, we got 30 kilo's of off fish from a market and it'll make top burley, i'll be taking on the noahs while couple of the others will be targetin the jews.. each to their own i guess, we will have to catch up sometime and wet a line, oh and you'd be pleased to know the noahs have all be caught with my free floating hook rig, (although the addition of some cable ties to keep the hook proud of the bait has worked well too :thumbup:

Ive only caught bronizies to a meter at bare island ive never seen any thing bigger then that there.

If your keen i know some south coast spots to fish that have Bronizies up to 3meters if your lucky land based.

I just need a parnter to fish them as i dont fish alone at night off the rocks PM if your interested

Victor

Talking about big FAT zero off the Mona Vale beach, that's exactly what I have got in the past 2 weekends totaled 4 trips.

Went yesterday again and the sea was packing moutains of waves that would have killed any fish dare to get closer. Persisted for 2 hours got only a small flattie right on the 33 cm mark which I released to get a bit more margin. Another little fish I caught was the little fella in below pictures. I have no idea what it is and did not get answers when checked with two passing surfers. Took two pictures with the phone and returned it to the water before it got too stressed.

post-11759-127530273354_thumb.jpg

post-11759-127530275456_thumb.jpg

The weather was a bonus though knowing there was a big storm down the south.

Have absolutely no idea what that is.... weird looking thing i'll give it that!! it's not a stargazer looked that up on google images and it's not that i wouldn even know where to start with that one but defiantely worth finding out... looks like some kind of eel or a deformed flatty :074: and when we head up to mona vale this saturday were going for broke we've got enough watery style burley to sink a ship!! we'll catch something worthwhile or freeze trying!!!!