Just Got Back

Justin

hey all

ive just arrived home from travelling all over south america for the last 4 months as i have just finished uni.

before i left i was having a good time swapping to plastics and lures trolling for salmon in my kayak at balmoral, using surface poppers for bass in lane cove river fresh (got none), bouncing plastics at the north entrance for some good sized flatties, popping for bream under figtree bridge (also for none but the odd chopper) and cleaning up on blackies in the entrance channel.

now its winter ill probably put in a few midnight jew sessions locally at gladesville.

now that 5 months have almost passed, just a quick post to see if any of the above listed fishing spots are still producing fish or if its totally the wrong season now?

thanks

i gave fly fishing a go in Pucon, Chile using a wet fly and landed my first fresh water salmon (it was tiny) as well as landing a few piranhas in the pampas rivers, Rurrenabaque, Bolivia. those things are vicious!

I have been giving the Lane Cove a bit of a try for he last 5 months on a regular basis from both shore and boat for limited success.

Jan/march were good but after that it slowed down Last 4 weeks slow. Mainly fish from Linley point down to mouth. Also fished

Woolwich wharf for very little. Did catch a big l/jacket at one ledge.

There has been a big drop off of surface activity in last 6 weeks on the flats around the park at Linley Point

Main species caught were whiting and bream. Not too many flathead which surprised me. I am not a good lure fisho and prefer bait

and must change habits. I did speak to a yak fisho 3 weeks ago and he said things were unusually quiet for him and he had to work hard

for a feed.

Welcome back Pinkus.

How good is South America?!!! :thumbup:

Spent a few months there myself & it was AWESOME. Almost forgotten my Spanish though. :thumbdown:

I got some pirahna, striped catties & big pacu' in Rurrenbaque. Great fun.

Keep reading the forums for the up to date info mate.

Why don't you join us for the social day?

Cheers,

Grant.

hey thanks for all the replies

im heading up to the Entrance to visit family next week so will see whats happening around there first. I think this time of year all the old codgers will be lined up along the lake wall for the blackies.

will give LC fresh a go when im back. maybe spinner baits are the go?

had an awesome time in South America Jew Hunter, went to Argentina for Iguazu Falls and the walked on the glacier in El Califate, tried to climb the volcano in Pucon, Chile but the earthquake meant they kept it closed until "further notice", crossed the salt flats of Bolivia from San Pedro de Atacama, Chile to Uyuni, Bolivia, cylced down Death Road in La Paz, Bolivia (an Israeli girl unfortunately went off the side and died the following day, dont know if it made the news back in Oz) walked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Peru and visited the Christ Statue in Rio, Brasil (tho it was undergoing routine maintenance at the time - unlucky, it was covered in scafolding)

currently waiting for a CD copy of photos from my friend because my camera broke whilst sandboarding in Huachachina, Peru. Ill put some photos up soon, i remember i had a good one of the pirahnas from Rurrenabaque. Id rate priahna fishing quite similar to that off fishing for yakkas. just use a small hook and small piece of meat on a hand line.