Help With Line.

dat111

Hey Dat, has slinky said what sort of fishing do you generally do.

Also it comes down to the indivitual on preference Braid or Mono.

I am from old school and still prefer Mono,myself I get a better feel than with braid.

I am sure you will get plenty of good advice from fellow fisho's.

cheers Rick.

G'day Dat,

There's no right or wrong answer... both have advantages and disadvantages. It comes down to preference and what gives the most enjoyment or satisfaction.

Braid would normally be my own choice because of the sensitivity. If your mate is bait fishing, he'll feel every fish that so much as breathes on his bait using braid because it basically has no stretch (or at least no appreciable stretch compared to mono). For lure fishing, the feel, the extra casting distance, the ability to cast light lures that come from the fine diameter of braid makes it a much different experience.

BUT

Braid is expensive compared to mono. If your mate is happy to just go fishing and not really into the sorts of things braid can do like the above, then use a good quality mono.

Cheers, Slinky

Hey Datt,

I fish with both braid (spiderwire 10lb) and mono (Daiwa Sealine 6 & 8lb) in Lane Cove River & up on the Central Coast for Bream, Whiting and Flatties... I reckon mono is by far the easiest- i dont use leader on my mono just straight through to the hook with a small split-shot crimped about 30cm above the hook- I have had no problems using this rig exept when there are loads of choppers around or a big bream pings me on the oysters.

On the other hand the braid is great and very sensetive and you can feel everything- tail slaps and even the lightest of bites- but i DO get more hookups on the mono outfit hands down and I use the same hooks, same split shots and everything is same- even the leader is the same mono as I use on my mono ourfit- so there you have it.

I DO like the casting distance of braid but when you are going light (say between 6 and 10lb) there isnt much difference, you might get an extra metre or 3 out of braid.

Remember that majority of your light-medium fishing will be in close to structure (wharves, oysters, rocky outcrops) so distance casting may or may not be really required- and the stretch of mono around structure is beneficial if you get a big Bream or Whiting or Flattie you will appreciate what it gives you.

Hope this helps in soem small way mate

Tight lines

Anthony

:)

thanks alot guys, it will help him:)

i have a question my self i havent used soft plastics and i wanna get back into them but i dunno how to use them anymore:(

do you boys have any links to a video showing me how to use them for profection?