Burning Palms- Royal National Park

stibbles

Hi Guys,

Is there another way of getting to burning palms...i currently park at garie beach and walk from the beach to burning palms but i've heard there is another way there

Hi mate, as you turn into the road to go to Garie there is a track to the right. this will take you to a car park then you have to walk the rest. It s about 20mins down and about 45mins up the big hill.

good luck

Mark

Totally agree with what has been said - take a right as soon as you turn into the Garie beach turn off.

I have a couple of questions too:

1. Is there a pub down there? The last time I was there (a long time ago) there was a wheatherboard shack that I am sure was a pub. I have been told that the surf lifesaving club take kegs around by boat. If so how godd would that be?

2. can you camp there?

thanks everyone

gav

Totally agree with what has been said - take a right as soon as you turn into the Garie beach turn off.

1. Is there a pub down there? The last time I was there (a long time ago) there was a wheatherboard shack that I am sure was a pub. I have been told that the surf lifesaving club take kegs around by boat. If so how godd would that be?

2. can you camp there?

thanks everyone

gav

You can camp but need a permit from National Parks.

They will probably want to know if you are walking along coastal track.

There ia a surf club.

Geoff

Thanks for the replies guys.....what type of fish do you get down there? and what type of rigs do you usually use....i've walked there a few times but never actually fished there before.....heard it is quite a good spot

2. can you camp there?

thanks everyone

gav

There is no camping allowed down at burning palms

They do put a few kegs or used on at the surf club at Burning, when i worked at Mortdale Pub the boys used to come get them then take them to Garie and run them round, been a fe wgood years since that but canot imagine why they still don't.

Where were you fishing the southern ledges or the North end, I always liked fishing the figure 8. Good report and nice catch. Good jewfish beach too.