I'm Certified!

TheCount

Raiders,

Fully licensed (today) and ready to go out this weekend and give the toy a run with the kids aboard... :1fishing1:

Next purchase is custom lettering "The Count" - might even get a graphic done too...

TC.

Did the tests through a training and certification place in Woy Woy as I wanted to do it, what I would call, properly..

Simply opening a book and doing a test is one way of doing it, but I wanted to know more!!

$90 and 8 of us in a classroom style for a couple of hours going over real life scenarios - a few yarns from the lecturer (40yrs+ commercial experience) and I was surprised how easy the test was. .

Practical training with same company instead of the "3 trips" with mates.. Again, instructor had years of experience and talked more about practical experiences and not text book stuff.. Another $90 and a few hours of my time and it's complete..

If you have the spare cash then I definitely recommend the way I did the licensing.

TC.

Congrats TC, I also did my licence through a company even after having my licence since I was 17 and letting it lapse for to long which made me do it again, was well worth the $$$ going through a course. Using their boat for practical was great, what a boat they had, I drooled all the time I was on it and what a rig to drive....WOW.

Cheers,

Leo

great stuff, congrats! take it slow the first few times you go out (including the whole trailer / putting the bungs in!! / launching business) and you should avoid any major catastrophes. always find that rushing is the #1 cause of mistakes. you will get a routine going and after that you're sorted.

Congrats Mate.. :yahoo:

Boating is an enjoyable pastime and like others have said, take your time to find your feet, get yourself into a routine and dont rush things... these are important as it creates a good experience for all aboard without any mishaps which may turn people off going out with you again or suffering a bad experience.. the licence bit is all part of learning and it doesnt stop once you have it...

Enjoy your boating for many years to come...

hope to see you out and about in Brissy Waters sometime.

Regards

Mick :thumbup::thumbup: