Reel Equivalent To Daiwa Saltist 6500

steze

I am currently looking to buy the Daiwa Saltist 6500 for my dads birthday present. I was just wondering if there is anything that is equivalent in the Shimano range or any other brand.

Both the Saltist and Saragosa are good reels.

The saltist will hold more line and has more drag out of the box.

The Saltist is more that likley a little cheaper.

Both have the same amount of bearings.

In my opion try and find the best deal you can get on either and buy it.

also depends on what you want the reel to do

the saltist would be better off the stones throwing lures around as its got a faster gear ratio (6.1-1)

while the saragosa has a much slower ratio for battling big fish and makes a great jigging reel (4.9-1)

Thanks everyone for your input. I already have a Saragosa, and mark my word its one of the best reels that i have used. The saltist would be my best option then because it is within my price range. At $279 I can't really complain.

Go the Salist you cant go wrong with it. Maybe the 4500 size might be better as its a bit lighter on ya arms holding it all day. It holds less line then the 6500 but has enough line capacity for rock fishing

Hi Steze

i just got my Saltist 6500 the other day ... havent used it yet but damn its one sexy reel. got a very nice smooth feel about it, 15kg drag and can easily spool 300m 65lb braid.

Got it on special at a tackle store in the area for a very good price, i think you might know (its the orange shop on the main road $269

Anyway ... im gonna get back to playing with my new toy