Winter King

Dangas

Hi Raiders

Went offshore sydney on the Wednesday with good mate Little Hooker being our captain in search of some winter kings. Ive been hanging to try out my new Rapala Braid Concept jig rod and test it out in real world conditions.

We went to our mark and dropped our jigs down and after a few jigs up came this one...

post-11346-127563020837_thumb.jpg post-11346-127563021233_thumb.jpg

85cm king and weighing a bit over 5kg

I was hammered after copping a fight with deepwater king and battling rough swell. Me and Little Hooker were spewing over the side while we were jigging LOL. Both our arms were gone and our faces were green and after losing a couple jigs to pesky leatherjackets we decided to call it a day and head back in. Damn Jackets were everywhere. Sometimes they were so thick that you would jag one on the jig as you were winding it up.

Edited by Dangas

nice work nice kings good work for sticking to the fishing even when spewing

but word of warning be careful with those rods they have a tendency to snap

i would go very easy on the drag

im sure if netic sees this post he might comment on the rod

nice work nice kings good work for sticking to the fishing even when spewing

but word of warning be careful with those rods they have a tendency to snap

i would go very easy on the drag

im sure if netic sees this post he might comment on the rod

Mate I snapped my supposed 24kg Braid concept on a 5kg King last year, not the best investment I ever made, have since moved to a 24kg Avaya jig rod, which has laned everything since. Great King though dude, just don't put too much pressure on the rod.

Cheers, Tobe

Supposidly the earlier model rods had a fault, but the ones being sold now are fine

That's how it was put to me when I purchased one recently for a fair price.

Could that be the case? I've dry tested mine to it's max on scales and it went ok.

Awesome fish btw

Thanks for the heads up on the rod guys... ill just have to take it easy on the drag...shame coz the reel can crank out 15kg drag.

Framedtrash has put me onto these Jigging Master rods from Taiwan and judging from videos they look very light and super strong but cost an arm and leg. Might have to snap my braid concept rod on purpose to give me an excuse to get one of these JM rods coz i really want one.

Also Dangas,

Get into the chemist at caringbah. They have sea sickness tablets there that have fixed me.

I use to not be able to be out in swelly conditions, now I can tie knots looking down in 3 meter swell.

Ets motion sickness.

Hope it works for you.

Also Dangas,

Get into the chemist at caringbah. They have sea sickness tablets there that have fixed me.

I use to not be able to be out in swelly conditions, now I can tie knots looking down in 3 meter swell.

Ets motion sickness.

Hope it works for you.

Hi Gorms

We double dunked two travacalms on the drive to the ramp and probably had another 2 more on the water LOL

So i dunno if there would have been any cure. I think i just need to HARDEN up hahaha

Hey Dangas,

What Gorms told you is ridgee didge.

My son would spew as soon as I stopped at our grounds,no matter

what the conditions were. I told him about ET'S tabs,but would not listen.

So I rang Caringbah compound chemist,gave him all details about son's medication,

He went ahead and made them and posted them up home on north coast.

My bloke doesn't look like getting crook.

Cheers Rick.

Good effort on jigging up the Kingfish Dangas.. I'd like to see the result of a serious kingfish session with yourself and your two neighbour's Johnnie Dogtooth and Arman that's for sure..

Cheers

jewgaffer :thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up on the rod guys... ill just have to take it easy on the drag...shame coz the reel can crank out 15kg drag.

Framedtrash has put me onto these Jigging Master rods from Taiwan and judging from videos they look very light and super strong but cost an arm and leg. Might have to snap my braid concept rod on purpose to give me an excuse to get one of these JM rods coz i really want one.

well done on the kings!! :thumbup: cant wait to get out there and test my 37kg dropshot rod out i think if she breaks i'll be on the jm bandwagon 2! :biggrin2: