Keeping Weed

bucko48

squeeze as much water out of it as you possibality can. then spread it over a sheet of newspaper thinly, sprinkle some dry sand over the top of it and keep it in a cool shady spot like ya garage. it can last anywhere from a week too about 3 weeks keeped this way depending on humidty

But it takes some trail and error to you perfect it as how much water you squeeze out of it and how much sand you add

Hey Bucko

Couldn't resist.

Last time I looked keeping weed, especially at nambucca :biggrin2::biggrin2: was a a offence.

Yeah I know boring and expected reply, but had to be said..

Cheers

Trapper Tom.

Hi Trapper Tom it's that I had some good weed and I'm told it helps you sleep good so I wanted it to last. Regards bucko

Sometimes it depends on the type of weed. If the weeds a bit silkier and grows in a spot that is generally covered by water 24/7 then it can have a far less chance of keeping for more than a couple of days. If it's a bit "stringier" then squeeze as much moister out as possible, i'd prefer not to use newspaper as it doesn't breathe, but hessian is probably the best. Thin it out, lay it out between the hessian and leave in a cool spot like the garage etc. Laying a light layer of sand underneath is also a good idea as mentioned. Also always a good idea to check every day and turn it over. Not a great fan of putting in fridge but I'm a bit old school. Remember though - fresh is best!

I don't know if others have experienced the same thing but I have kept cabbage weed in a ziplock bag in the fridge and found it to be fine a week later (at which point it gets used up - never lasts long enough to see how long it actually survives). The only moisture that was in the bag was what was on the weed as I collected it in the first place.

Hi Mate

I have found over many years that paper works but to soaked. Try a heshan bag (better if the weave is coarse). Squeeze the water out and lay it on then roll the bag up and put in a cool place. It should glast for two to three weeks like this unless it comes from fresh water then it is very hard to keep.

Even if it has that distictive smeel of going off it will work and your berly will be good.

Cheers

Kingpig

i think I have mentionrd this before depending on where its gathered it can last only 24 hours to a week, weed from tidal drains generally has a very short life whereas weed from tidakl creeds growing off the ribbon weed or rock and sand will last longer the best rick is to get a bread crate and place hessian bagsdown and get as much water out as possible and place another bag over the top spread it in thin layers and repeat keep in a cool place under the house is good or on concrete flooring in the garage, long term try layering the wrung out weed in paapaer towel place in a zip lock bag and freeze it have done this and caught fish on it 3 months later only did it as an experiment.

Any ways best of luck.