Washing Boat Carpet

Kosta1

Hi,

I was just wondering how you guys clean your carpet after going out. The last few times ive been hosing it down. But after time will this cause the floor to rot? Do you guys hose it down or how do you clean the carpet.

Cheers

I have always washed mine out with a hose and occasionaly I would scrub it with hot water & bleach and a scrubbung brush brings it up like new.

Avoid covering the boat with wet carpet this will eventualy cause the floor to rot. I try to leave mine in the sun to dry for a couple of hours before covering it.

Brett

I was my boat out after every trip,,,i have marine carpet in it,,,,after washing it I put the jockey wheel of the trailer on a Milk crate to give the front of the boat extra height,,, normally after 2 days the carpet is dry

idolz

Same as above..

i have marine carpet also which i hose it but try not to get it saturated!! i leave it to dry in the sun also so it doesnt make the boat smell like a pair of old socks. i leave the cover off when possible to aid drying and only put it on when it rains.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Mick :thumbup::thumbup:

Hi,

I was just wondering how you guys clean your carpet after going out. The last few times ive been hosing it down. But after time will this cause the floor to rot? Do you guys hose it down or how do you clean the carpet.

Cheers

I'm the same as the others , hose down & leave to dry prior to fitting the cover.

For those who do not have under cover storage or , from a security aspect unable to leave the boat in the sun , consider purchasing marine carpet as an overlay. This could be removed after each trip & washed. The actual floor carpet does not get wet so the cover can be fitted without the worry of mildue etc.

Marine carpet cost about $20 / sq mt

Geoff