White Paint

out n about

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Quintrex’s Paints. I was after some white touch up paint but I can’t find the same colour anywhere.

Has anyone been in my position and found the same white paint that Quintrex use?

Is there a paint code somewhere on the boat?

My boat is:

Year: 1998

Model: Breezeabout

Colour: White

Any help will be great.

Thanks in advance,

Out n About

Hi mate,

When I needed touch up paint I just went to a panel beater and got them to match it up, they got it right. Otherwise call Quintrex and ask them for a colour code and then just get panelbeater to mix it up for you. You could just go to paint place to get it mixed but I prefer panel beaters because they usually use better quality paints.

Cheers,

Leo

Panelbeater or auto paint shop is your best bet , they will mix and match 1/4 lt for you for about $20 or so . Even if you got the original paint you my find out it has faded and the colour is not the same .

• 3 years later...

Hi All,

Bringing back an old topic here, looking to touch up a few scratches and dings on my quintrex, telwater white is the right paint so I'm in touch with a dealer to try and get hold of some, I just wanted to check with anyone that has had experience touching up using this paint.

I've heard it's quite thick, is it best to thin it out with turps? Is any particular brush better than others?

Thanks,

Linc

Always buff and polish your boat,car etc before you take it to a spraypainter to match the colour which will remove all the years of oxidization prior to any repainting of any kind to get a true colour read.

Cheers.

my boat is only 18 mths old. took a beating against a concrete jetty when tied up a while ago so I'm sure the paint hasn't faded much. but panel beater might be a good option. closer than nearest quinny dealer too

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk