Burrendong Dam Cods &yellowbelly

pappy

fished burrendong dam last weekend with my son blake we got a 7 kg cod & 3 kg yella they were both taken on tn 70es in bluegill color and both released also got 12 redfin on the same lures .heading back out this weekend and hope for more of the same .pappy

post-5916-127607452783_thumb.jpg

post-5916-127607454827_thumb.jpg

fished burrendong dam last weekend with my son blake we got a 7 kg cod & 3 kg yella they were both taken on tn 70es in bluegill color and both released also got 12 redfin on the same lures .heading back out this weekend and hope for more of the same .pappy

A beautiful pair of fish mate. Jackalls are still accounting for a lot of freshwater fish, and are a 'must have' for the arsenal. Did you try trolling any of the traditional hardbodies like Stumpjumpers, Poltergeists, etc?

The colder weather usually means the bigger cod come out to play. I plan on searching some of the impoundments around me over the winter months for that very reason

Thank you for the lure/technique information, mate. Most appreciated B)

Cheers

Hodgey

thanks for the reply .yes hoggey i did troll big stumpjumper and 140 j d lures but i think on the day the cod & yellas where up in the top layer where the redfin were .fished the dam today for to yellas and three redfin the big cod do bit in the colder months but you have to put in some long hour.will be fishing windermere in to week i will let you no how i go .cheer pappy

• 3 months later...

Thinking of heading to Burrendong in Nov.(2010) - what is the state of the dam now and where is the best place to camp ? Did ok at windamere using g-vibes ( jackal copy) how do you think these would go in Burrendong?: Thanks Morrie

Top report and nice catch of fish.Haven,t fished there for years and i only ever caught redfin :mad3: .Good effort on the 7kg cod :thumbup: