Weather Warning

hookerbruce

Hi all

I'm just back from six weeks touring holiday with no fishing . I'm going to go fishing friday morning and evening so expect a cyclone.

Intending to fish offshore the national park fri morning then como area of georges late fri afternoon.

Then port hacking on sun. If I still need to catch fish I'll head out on Botany Bay on monday.

Saw some fantastic green weed while I was travelling, and a few people fishing but didn't have a chance to wet a line.

Mates are leaving for Weipa for a week tommorrow but I won't get there till sept for a couple of weeks.

The recent reports on line have inspired me, but then I don't need much encouragment.

Who else is going to be out and about on the weekend ?

Hookerbruce

HI

Didn't quite get the bad weather I usually get. Just some large swells and a fresh sw-w-nw winds.

Fri morning

started the morning dragging lures across the front of Jibbon bomie for nil result. Then headed down to Marley, the swell was too big to fish in close near the rocks so we had a bottom bounce. Started in 20 m of water jackets straight away keep moving out to deeper and deeper water trying different depths. Did manage 3 baby flathead.

All the way out to 50 metres we had jackets then between 50 & 60 met the green toads were thicker than jackets. Once we got past 75 m we couldn't hold bottom and the south westerly blowing on top of the swell made things uncomfortable. Headed back at 10:30, we thought we had our bag limit of jackets but when we counted them at home we only had 37 so we could have kept a 3 more.

Fri afternoon

Changed our minds and instead of fishing near como chased blackies under Tom Uglies bridge. This was a new location for us, after about 1 hour we started getting a few bites and eventually kept 3 fish from about 15 we caught. Wasn't a big result but it was nice to find a new spot which should produce more fish once we get the hang of best tides to fish this area.

Going to collect some more green weed tomorrow and give the blackfish another try.

Hookerbruce