Botany Bay Surprise

Dangas

Hi Raiders

The plan today was to head out to botany bay with my friend MB for a bit of relaxing estuary fishing. He has been hassling me to take him out for ages now.

With winter well and truly here, i figured it was time to pack all the light gear on the boat and chase some trevallies. Within moments from anchoring the boat we were hooked up to some hard fighting trevs. This took the pressure off my shoulders. As the captain youre always under pressure to produce the goods.

Anyway, we went on to catch countless trevs over the next couple hours, with a few snapper and a flatty thrown in the mix.

Caught a squid that followed a pilchard bait up to the boat and kept it in the bait tank with the intention of having it for dinner. Now, i always have a habit of bringing some heavy tackle just in case, and this time was no exception. The 6500 reel/outfit was staring me in the face when it occured to me to put the squid that was meant to be dinner on the hooks and drop him down. I am so glad i did because within minutes MB was onto his first ever king!!! High fives and smiles all round. That should stop him whingeing for a while about never catching big fish,

What a surprise ... didnt really expect to catch a king in the bay this time of year. Although only a rat (67cm) surprises are always good.

post-11346-12760807123_thumb.jpg happy

Edited by Dangas

well done Dangas, for 67cm mate that fat little King, you always do well in that spot, Im mean right in that little hole you fish in :thumbup:

Lol ... Im sure youre very familiar with this spot Groper its really no secret... its more like an alley than a hole.

Can i can what MB stand for??? hehe

MB is a nickname ... but with kids reading this forum i cant say what it actually stands for hahaha

Edited by Dangas