Oops I Did It Again

slinkymalinky

Most of you know that lately I've rediscovered a love of ABU reels...

A few of you know that about 2 or 3 weeks ago I bought one of these...

post-6175-127616796953_thumb.jpg

ABU 7000i

Unfortunately, today I failed to pass by another very sexy looking bargain...

post-6175-127616796778_thumb.jpg

ABU 1500C :wub:

Roberta will laugh as from memory, she's the proud owner of my original silver 1500C :biggrin2:

Cheers, Slinky

So what are you planning to stick it on and what are you going to catch with it?

I once bought a Sol just because I had never seen a orange reel, don't know who owns it now? :wacko:

So what are you planning to stick it on and what are you going to catch with it?

I once bought a Sol just because I had never seen a orange reel, don't know who owns it now? :wacko:

The 7000 with just a couple of bearing upgrades, did its first outing last week on a Daiwa Saltist... it's replaced a Shimano Charter Special.

The 1500 isn't replacing anything :biggrin2: I just wanted it... It'll come bass fishing with me along with my Sol baitcaster. I might need to buy a new rod though :074:

You are incorrigible Tony!! I must NEVER go tackle shopping with you AGAIN!! I only went to that shop to get demister for Keith's goggles!!! Ended up spending $100 on sps!!!!

And you're almost as bad, Donna!!! Buying a reel because it is red ...... and you too, Greg!!! Orange reel - they are all in cute colours just now ....... I bought an orange Shakespeare (probably cos it looked like a SOL)!!! :074:

CHeerio

Roberta

:biggrin2:

Just finished giving the 5600 the 'new reel service' treatment... grease all the hidden surfaces; clean the grease out of the level wind and replace with ReelX; pulled the spool bearings, opened them up and relubed with dry teflon lube; greased the carbon drag washers with Cal's.

Sweeeeet reel, beautifully made, spins like a dervish and pulls like a rhino. :thumbup:

If there's a fight over the reel, JH... the next mackerel to come on board might not get the donger quite hard enough and then get a gentle shove towards your crocs :tease:

1500 hasn't arrived yet... but it's next on my list. Loving it :wub:

Cheers, Slinky

Bloody Tackle Junkies, but suppose I cant talk.

Last week finished the fireblood collection 1000, 2500 and 4000.

Haven't blooded (Fireblooded?) the 1000 yet, its been way too bloody cold and I am a serious wimp!

Can anyone beat 5 years on owning a rod without catching a fish on it?

Sage SI2 9 weight rod with a Abel reel with optional arm! :wacko:

That's it!

This winter a salmon with have to do!

I bought it to take away up to cape york to chase Permit off the flats, cyclone stopped that :05: so I never had the opportunity to cast at a worthy species to blood such a nice outfit on.....

SO anyone got longer and why?

Greg

That's it!

I bought it to take away up to cape york to chase Permit off the flats, cyclone stopped that :05: so I never had the opportunity to cast at a worthy species to blood such a nice outfit on.....

Greg

:Funny-Post:

Can't beat that, Greg. What about putting a 300gn sinking line on it and chasing snapper? Much more challenging than Sambos for you and a worthy, braggable capture on that nice outfit (I seriously love to read that post!). Just watch you don't snag up your line in the reef :074:

Cheers, Slinky

That's it!

Greg

I can on 2 counts

1/ abu garcia 5600c - brought for my dad by my mums dad in 1986 I believe, he hated overheads and refused to use it, was given to me 14yrs later and I didn't use it til late 2001.

2/ mitchell spidermite baitcaster + mitchell spidermite 5'6 1-2kg rod. Parents got it for me for my 12th birthday after a lot of begging (a $450 setup for a 12yo...they must have been smoking some funky stuff!), birdsnested it in the backyard first cast, didn't touch it again till I was 19.

Daniel