Botany Bay 12.06.10

Starman

Hi Raiders,

Hit the Bay on Saturday morning with my mate Max and my Son and headed out to the hot water outlet. Wind was up and it was cold :(:05: Any way started a burley trail and it wasn't long before we had all rods go balistic. We caught 31 fish which included Bream, Trevelly and a couple of jackects. Bay has been pretty good to us on our last few trips. Tide was going down, water temp was 18 degrees and bait used was blood worm, prawn and good old chicken breast. Not bad for a few hours fishing with good company. :thumbup::thumbup:

Get out there before it gets real cold.

Cheers,

Starman,

Gabe

post-9344-127649343368_thumb.jpgpost-9344-127649337479_thumb.jpg

Nice work. I agree the Bay has been very good over the last few weeks.

Were any birds working fish schools?

Hi Fish53,

Saw some birds around but they were only floating on the water. Kept an eye on them but nothing was happening. So we kept going.

Regards,

Starman,

Gabe

Hey starman,

what did the damage on the bream? Did they prefer the chook, worm or pillie?

Do you cube the pilchard burley or pound the pot ?

Tony

Hi Keflapod,

The majority of bream were taken on blood worm, but the chicken did alright.I cubed the pilchards and also had a mixture of bread and tuna oil which I threw over periodically. A piece of unweighted pillchard down the burley trail worked wonders on the trevelly. Hope this answers your question,

Cheers,

Starman,

Gabe

Hi Keflapod,

The majority of bream were taken on blood worm, but the chicken did alright.I cubed the pilchards and also had a mixture of bread and tuna oil which I threw over periodically. A piece of unweighted pillchard down the burley trail worked wonders on the trevelly. Hope this answers your question,

Cheers,

Starman,

Gabe

Thanks Gabe - I don't usually go for the trevs but I think I'll give them a go for a bit of light line fun...