Thongs On The Rocks!

rickster

Daniel and I were chasing weed off the rocks on saturday and still amazed at what we're seeing. Seas in this particular spot were only a couple of foot and not really splashing over but still slippery to walk on. I don't want it to appear that we are picking on Asians in particular but all deaths off the rocks this year have been of Asian descent. Four were fishing on a rock at waters edge, one of them wearing THONGS and another Daniel thought were slippers. Stepping over crevices that have some of that black slime on the rocks was how they were getting around. Better still, the guy in the thongs thought it would be a good idea if they could get a few crabs for bait so proceeded to wedge himself into about a 6 foot deep crevice to try and find some. Lessons aren't being learnt and stupidity is unfortunately still the name of the game with many. At this rate it may not be too long before another tradgedy hits the newspapers.

Rick

Daniel and I were chasing weed off the rocks on saturday and still amazed at what we're seeing. Seas in this particular spot were only a couple of foot and not really splashing over but still slippery to walk on. I don't want it to appear that we are picking on Asians in particular but all deaths off the rocks this year have been of Asian descent. Four were fishing on a rock at waters edge, one of them wearing THONGS and another Daniel thought were slippers. Stepping over crevices that have some of that black slime on the rocks was how they were getting around. Better still, the guy in the thongs thought it would be a good idea if they could get a few crabs for bait so proceeded to wedge himself into about a 6 foot deep crevice to try and find some. Lessons aren't being learnt and stupidity is unfortunately still the name of the game with many. At this rate it may not be too long before another tradgedy hits the newspapers.

Rick

Its very dissappointing and frustrating to hear or see these kinds of things.

Mate.. thats shocking.. almost as bad as people wearing those bloody crocs on the rocks..

It bugs me too, as these guys taking the stupid risks are just stuffing it up for the rest of us.

It is a tragedy whenever these is a fishing fatality, but whats worse is when people aren't learning from the mistakes made..

What on earth does someone's background have to do with stupidity.

This is a very worthwhile topic... rock fishing safety is a serious issue and wearing thongs on the rocks as an example is just asking for trouble.

The inclusion of race in these comments however, was and is unnecessary.

This thread is closed

Slinky