Breambos On 5/0S

hambo692

Headed up to Saratoga, Brisbane Water, on Saturday and stopped off on the way to get some more hooks. Got the usual whiting hooks and decided to grab some 5/0 circles just for fun :P

No action Saturday, but around midday Sunday was on the jetty, 4lb bream and 12lb heavy outfits, heavy rod rigged with one of the 5/0s, was hoping for maybe flathead. No interest at all so went inside to try and find some other place to go (broken boat). Got back out on the jetty and decide to check the bait on heavy outfit, feels like i'm snagged. But then there's a fight and i get really confused- but when i see that it's a bream... measured 29 cm and made good dinner.

Next day had a two hook rig on the heavy rod, a 1/0 suicide at the top and another 5/0 on the end, chuck out a small squid on it. No interest at all, then the same deal as Sunday. I reel in to check the bait, think I'm snagged, then see bream. This one was 33 cm, and while neither of them were monsters, i was pretty happy that the jetty had gone so well. Some people might not find it too amazing, but i was pretty shocked that bream would take a 5/0 circle hook, seeing as most books, guides etc. suggest a maximum of 3/0. Confused, but happy!

p.s anyone got suggestions for winter baits?

post-14097-127658509325_thumb.jpg

post-14097-127658510846_thumb.jpg

Headed up to Saratoga, Brisbane Water, on Saturday and stopped off on the way to get some more hooks. Got the usual whiting hooks and decided to grab some 5/0 circles just for fun :P

No action Saturday, but around midday Sunday was on the jetty, 4lb bream and 12lb heavy outfits, heavy rod rigged with one of the 5/0s, was hoping for maybe flathead. No interest at all so went inside to try and find some other place to go (broken boat). Got back out on the jetty and decide to check the bait on heavy outfit, feels like i'm snagged. But then there's a fight and i get really confused- but when i see that it's a bream... measured 29 cm and made good dinner.

Next day had a two hook rig on the heavy rod, a 1/0 suicide at the top and another 5/0 on the end, chuck out a small squid on it. No interest at all, then the same deal as Sunday. I reel in to check the bait, think I'm snagged, then see bream. This one was 33 cm, and while neither of them were monsters, i was pretty happy that the jetty had gone so well. Some people might not find it too amazing, but i was pretty shocked that bream would take a 5/0 circle hook, seeing as most books, guides etc. suggest a maximum of 3/0. Confused, but happy!

p.s anyone got suggestions for winter baits?

Good catch, I have been catching Brem on 6/0's off the beaches in Broken Bay recently, and best bait is Mullet and slimeys on the neaches, and chicken is a top bait for the rivers

Tight lines

Anthony

Good catch, I have been catching Brem on 6/0's off the beaches in Broken Bay recently, and best bait is Mullet and slimeys on the neaches, and chicken is a top bait for the rivers

Tight lines

Anthony

thanks mate