From Palm Beach To Mona Vale

brettmann86

Friday night just gone me and my fiancae braved the freezing conditions and decided to go beach fishing opting for palm beach for a start, just using some smaller sized mullet we'd picked up a few weeks before, we threw them out and huddled down to wait, wasnt waiting twenty minutes when my reel squealed like it was in pain, after me running up and down the beach like a goose using a rod that was not meant for that size fish i landed a respectable bronze whaler, but little to my knowledge during my 30 min fight my partner had hooked and landed her pb jew all 76cm of him without a word she had hooked and landed this fish to say i was proud was an understatement, we then decided it was slow going so we went down to mona vale and had a throw in basin bay, we managed 2 50cm or so flatties and mon caught a very energetic eagle ray, needles to say the next day we cooked the jewie and i bragged to everyone that my missus caught that one

and the reason i was spewing is cause somewhere in between we lost the camera lol, cant all be a fairytale can it

Edited by brettmann

Well done to the misses mate

Did the jewie get caught on the wire rig or was she usin mono to the hook?????

wire down to the rig, clear coated 100lb 49 strand wire, they'll still have a chew at it although i've never hooked one on the standard black nylon coated wire i don't doubt it cant be done there are always exceptions to the rule...

and anthony whenever your ready mate were actually doing an early morning fish next saturday up at mona vale.. seems to be a tad more productive when the sun starts to rise.. not sure why but cant argue with the reports through the grapevine.. my mate landed a 72.8kg bronze at long reef on the thursday.. stupid work commitments or else i woulda been there