Browns Yesterday

Moonshine

Hi all,

taking advantage of the good weather yesterday we headed out to Browns early hoping for some YFT. When we got there at 7.30am there were already 8 other boats on the grounds. Trolled lures for about 5 hours around Bronws and a bit further south east for nothing but striped tuna.

On the way back we stopped at Browns again and dropped a line to the bottom to see if we could bring up some dinner. I am not quite sure what we caught, maybe someone can advise what it is and if it is eatable?

Did anyone hear of any YFT beeing caught yesterday?

post-9332-127674483671_thumb.jpg

Hey Moonshine, We headed out to browns and beyond for a troll on wednesday 16th( yesterday ). A few stripeys and a good hit on a deep diver we had out. Found a temp break and in a short time seen diving birds and 20kg to 30kg Yellowfin jumping a metre clear out of the water! Approached them but in no time dissapeared deep! I've still got the vision of jumping tuna fresh in my mind now!

Hey Moonshine, We headed out to browns and beyond for a troll on wednesday 16th( yesterday ). A few stripeys and a good hit on a deep diver we had out. Found a temp break and in a short time seen diving birds and 20kg to 30kg Yellowfin jumping a metre clear out of the water! Approached them but in no time dissapeared deep! I've still got the vision of jumping tuna fresh in my mind now!

At least you saw some YFT, that's more then we saw. We also had a bibbed lure on the downrigger (30 feet down) untouched though. We didn't see any temperature break, 18.5 degrees all the way, so I am guessing you guys would have been a lot further out. No signs of birds anywhere!

Let's hope we both have more luck on the next trip!

At least you saw some YFT, that's more then we saw. We also had a bibbed lure on the downrigger (30 feet down) untouched though. We didn't see any temperature break, 18.5 degrees all the way, so I am guessing you guys would have been a lot further out. No signs of birds anywhere!

Let's hope we both have more luck on the next trip!

We headed about 8nm east of browns and we got 18.6. Headed south from there ( SST charts supposed temp break SE of browns ). We got up to 19 degrees and we had the Halco 190 deep diver out and got a solid strike but pulled the hooks! We looped around and headed back NW to browns and on our way up we seen the tuna jumping, got so excited all for nothing! So now i have a bit more faith in the SST charts, well worth a subscription! Next trip we are not going to even bother heading near the carpark that is browns, just trying to find the temp breaks and work them. I think we may have seen you heading in towards browns? About 1pm i think as we were heading east?

Good luck next trip!