Report On Sp Day

tide'n'knots

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id also like to add my big thank you to the admin team,mods & everyone that took part in the organisation of such a great day.sooo glad the weather gods were kind to us.also thanx to gregL on some good tips during our group time.thanx to DGF[arron] for taking me & anth out on his boat all day.spewing we didnt come back to check in a few times to get some freebies. :biggrin2: im happy that i broke my drought on fishless outings flicking plastics around the local.after 8 fishless trips,it was great to feel the fight of a fish again.i got a whiting like tidenknots,my new plastics pb,going 41cms on a 4in flickbait.it was sooo thick & in great condition.a nice bream in the high 30's,numerous flattys[2 keepers,40-50cm],choppers & a lone legal trev so it was a mixed bag.couldnt find the ep's or the jew but im not complaining,it was a great day.thanks again to everyone.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

ps.one other thing we couldnt find was my mate josh who was suppose to come meet us there.i rang him alot of times but he mustv forgot his mobile & we went back to see if we could see him a few times but he eluded us today.haha. :074::05: sorry mate.

Edited by fisher doi

Well What a Great Day ... A BIG Thank you to the Raider Admin Team for there time & Effort in Organizing such a day.

We couldn't have asked for better group of Keen fisher people & The weather, Well Blessed AH!... :thumbup:

A Big Thanks to my group of Raiders Who did not Give me Hard Time.( Just Kidding Ya!! )..I hope to see posts with some fish caught with some of the tips and techniques the tutors Shared on the day.

To The Swordies thank you very much for the GOLD MEMBER STATUS it came a a Great Suprise

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Stillrockn

I also would like to thank stillrockn (Tom) for is excellent teachings. I have renewed enthusiasm to start practising with softplastics.

I would also like to thank those who put on the day, without you all ,this would never had happened.What a fantastic day.

Thanks Everyone

Deek

What a wonderfull day we were blessed by the weather gods.It was great to see so many members show up :thumbup: To Donna, Stewy the admin team and all the instructors a super well done :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: It was nice to put faces to names i meet up with Rex who i worked with 25 years ago and took him for a spin in my boat we did not catch any thing (except a mangrove tree)but he had fun breaking in his new rod he purchased on the day.Fishdrought (Jason) and i had a talk about Brooker boats as we have the same model and i will be sending him so info on the things i have done to my boat.

To Donna and Stewy thankyou very much for the GOLD MEMBER STATUS you gave me i was not expecting that i was just glad that i could help out in a small way on day.Many Thanks cheers Stephen (Reggie the Rabbit)

it was a really great day weather was perfect too i cant wait for the next one :D and it was no probs Johnny :) glad you got yourself a mixed bag there too :) that bream + whiting were bloody awesome!

id also like to add my big thank you to the admin team,mods & everyone that took part in the organisation of such a great day.sooo glad the weather gods were kind to us.also thanx to gregL on some good tips during our group time.thanx to DGF[arron] for taking me & anth out on his boat all day.spewing we didnt come back to check in a few times to get some freebies. :biggrin2: im happy that i broke my drought on fishless outings flicking plastics around the local.after 8 fishless trips,it was great to feel the fight of a fish again.i got a whiting like tidenknots,my new plastics pb,going 41cms on a 4in flickbait.it was sooo thick & in great condition.a nice bream in the high 30's,numerous flattys[2 keepers,40-50cm],choppers & a lone legal trev so it was a mixed bag.couldnt find the ep's or the jew but im not complaining,it was a great day.thanks again to everyone.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

ps.one other thing we couldnt find was my mate josh who was suppose to come meet us there.i rang him alot of times but he mustv forgot his mobile & we went back to see if we could see him a few times but he eluded us today.haha. :074::05: sorry mate.

Yeah, thanks Stewy for a top day out, and I was the bloke who you were showing me the knot for join braid/flouro

Yep, Johnny cracked the mother of all Whiting (41cm to the tip) and numerous Flatties, Trevally and a honking 35cm Breambo

Meanwhile I managed to snare a legal flattie (my first ever on plastics) but I let him go due to having a lot of fish in my freezer, but it was a buzz to get out and catch my first- next step is to get myself a good graphite rod (thanks to my mate who lent me his overnight and for yesterday) what a champ!- one of my best mates loans me his gear and says "go for broke on them flatties"- now I am hooked and I want MORE!

Time to go sepdn some $$$ I reckon, hopefully I can lash out tomorrow and get a new rod and some more plastics- then catch up with Johnny again very soon.

Thanks Stewy, Donna and all the FR who made the day a top day out.

Tight lines

Anthony

it was a really great day weather was perfect too i cant wait for the next one :D and it was no probs Johnny :) glad you got yourself a mixed bag there too :) that bream + whiting were bloody awesome!

Cheers Aaron for taking me n johnny out in ya boat, we had a top day with ya and it was fun, except for dropping your flattie beside the boat but hey, thats fishin.

Maybe we can do it again soon???

Anyways if you are cool I'll PM you my number and if you need a decky one day let me know.

Cheers mate again, much apprecaited!

Anthony

Rzep......I now know who you are.... :tease::1prop:

Is that a good thing or bad thing :tease:

It was a great day and we could not of asked for better weather.

I got to catch up with a lot of old friends and meet new ones, which is what these events are all about.

Thank you to Admin and the moderators for making this such a great day, also to the tutors who offered their services for the day and anyone else who helped out (too many people to mention).

Can't wait for the next social.

AWESOME, is the only way to describe it, was a top day and I learnt HEAPS, Thanks again Everyone for making the Day a Good One looking forward to another adventure sometime soon, Especially with my new Tips from Ray R and my new knot tying skills from Hodgey

AWESOME

Edited by Brianna Barra

What a great day yesterday was, had a great time meeting fellow raiders learning a few new tricks and enjoying a great day on the river. thanks to admin for putting the whole thing together also a big thanks to andrew (mako) for sharing his knowledge with us, it really shows how passionate he is about his fishing great job mate, with our newly learnt tips and tricks me and my mate nick set out im my boat and tried to put it all together, well nick caught 1 bream that went 33cms and i had a decent hit that ran but i missed the hook up, i'll keep at it. anyways thanks again.

nicks bream. taken on a nuclear chicken prawn.

post-9895-127710955489_thumb.jpg

Well What a Great Day ... A BIG Thank you to the Raider Admin Team for there time & Effort in Organizing such a day.

We couldn't have asked for better group of Keen fisher people & The weather, Well Blessed AH!... :thumbup:

A Big Thanks to my group of Raiders Who did not Give me Hard Time.( Just Kidding Ya!! )..I hope to see posts with some fish caught with some of the tips and techniques the tutors Shared on the day.

To The Swordies thank you very much for the GOLD MEMBER STATUS it came a a Great Suprise

Cheers

Tom

Yes what a top day...................just wait till i lose my 1st lure Tom then i will be given ya a hard time.................... :074:

Edited by Ironbark

Hi Raiders

What a great day Thanks to the swordies for putting on an excellent feed. Thanks Mako for some extra knowledge especially knots, And thanks swordie for some learning on light gear. And guys how good is the new sponsor Global Tackle they are good for a chin wage and some good gear. Thanks FishRaider for a great website and great socials that make it all real.

Stuball

Raider's do it again. Mark and I had a great day mixing with new and old members.Thanks for a well organised and informative day.Hodgey has a wealth of knowledge which he passed on to his group, thanks again. A big thank you to Peter for taking Mark and I out in his boat and giving us a bit of on water tuition with the blades. Geoff.

Well done to all those involved in the social. Admin, the moderators, the tutors and the sponsors :thumbup: it was good to see so many people attending what can only be described as an excellent concept and a good opportunity for members to get together...

Shirley, Geoff, Cungee George and myself really enjoyed ourselves... Keep the tutorials coming, they will certainly prove to be of great benefit to all our members and a good chance to catch up with old friends, put names to faces.. Social get togethers like this are always a good opportunity to arrange future sessions with other members who we get a chance to know fairly well in the forums.....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

G'day all.

WOW!!! What a fantastic day! :yahoo:

Thanks to all that donated their time & effort, prizes & give aways.

Without your help it wouldn't have been such a success.

Thanks to the lads in my group for being so attentive. You made it a pleasure to share some knowledge with you. :thumbup:

Thanks also to to Bubba. He took anyone that wanted for a ride in his new skeeter. That poor boat has never had so much sand in her. :1yikes: Well done mate.

Also a HUGE thanks to Stewy & Donna. The organisation was 1st class & without you two the day simply wouldn't have happened.

Last but not least thankyou to ALL of you that attended. It's you guys & girls that make putting on a day like that worth it.

Cheers,

Grant.

What an awesome daythumbup.gif

Perfect weather great location and an awesome bunch of raiders, I'm just annoyed I didn't get to speak to everyone.

Big thanks to Stewy and Donna and all the moderators, volunteers and instructors on the day especially Mako for his sound knowledge on rigging lures, knots and working plastics.

I'd also like to mention Johnno for chatting about his boat sharing some tips.

Can't wait for the next one.

Congrats on the whiting Pete and it was a shame you couldn't make it Roberta it was a great day and I look forward to saying hello to you at the next social.

beersmile.gifBrad

Thanks to the Admin Team for organising another great event and feeding us again. It was good to meet other raiders and put faces to names.

Thanks also to the guest lecturers for sharing their knowledge. Though I'm no stranger to lure fishing I know there's so much more to learn. Very grateful to guru Hodgey who gave some useful tips on knot tying and modifying SPs to get the right action.

Brought my boat along and took out two fellow raiders for a fish after the lessons(Mark & Mr Dalucius). It was a bit windy and we were fishing a new area. Still, Mr Dalucius managed a legal bream on a gold TT Switchblade - his first fish on a blade. It happended soon after Mark handed him his rod so have to credit Mark for 'tying on the lure correctly' for Mr Dalucius to catch the fish.

Special thanks to Donna for making this event happen - hard to believe it's been three months since your terrible ordeal. You're looking great!

Looking forward to the next Social.

G'day all.

WOW!!! What a fantastic day! :yahoo:

Thanks to all that donated their time & effort, prizes & give aways.

Without your help it wouldn't have been such a success.

Thanks to the lads in my group for being so attentive. You made it a pleasure to share some knowledge with you. :thumbup:

Thanks also to to Bubba. He took anyone that wanted for a ride in his new skeeter. That poor boat has never had so much sand in her. :1yikes: Well done mate.

Also a HUGE thanks to Stewy & Donna. The organisation was 1st class & without you two the day simply wouldn't have happened.

Last but not least thankyou to ALL of you that attended. It's you guys & girls that make putting on a day like that worth it.

Cheers,

Grant.

hey cheif thanks for the lesson and taking the time to help out some struggling fishos

my self and phil had a ball we didnt do real good on the fish but hey thats fishing (well it is for us)

a special shout out to all who organised the day you guys really produced a day that anyone would be stupid to miss well done all

Guest Wahyu@Global Tackle

Well what a friendly group you raiders are! We were totaly blown away by the friendly welcome we received and it was great to be able to put a face to some of the names. A well organised and educational day, congrats and thanks to all those who worked hard to make the day such a success.

Thank you to all those who purchaced tackle from our stand and we hope the products available were to everyones liking, can't wait for the next one, really looking forward to Botany Bay!

Hope to see you all there!

Regards

Wahyu & Mark

PS sorry for the slow reply but we have been too busy fishing!!!

Edited by Wahyu@Global Tackle