Maritime , Patroling The Picnic Point Area Yesterday

Geoff

Yesterday afternoon we launched Jewgaffer boat boat to give the new motor a test run.

A k or so up river from the social we were pulled over by Maritime for traveling in the middle of the channel when we should have been on the right hand side.

Fortuatly we were let off with a warning avoiding a $550 fine :1yikes::1yikes:

Maritime had 2 units working the area , a boat & a PWC & appeared to be checking just about every boat for complience. :thumbup:

Were any other Raiders pulled over??

Geoff

Yes mate , I took Stewy for a run and we were pulled over for the exact same reason . Mate I am glad they were out there enforcing the rules . Not that I was not overly impressed with the way we were pulled over or the officers reason . We were also checked for fire extinguisher jacekts etc , whick is a good thing , it's amazing how many people don't take enough jackets for the number of people onboard. The thing that cracked me up was when the jet ski officer tried to leave and he couldn't start his jet ski up and Stewy yelled out to him " Do you want a tow?" .

Bubba

Bubba and Swordy were pulled over in the Skeeter. They were keeping a close eye on things at the social... running up and down in front of us most of the day. I usually really like Maratime... they're doing a pretty thankless but important job. But sometimes it feels like they're giving too much attention to the wrong things, picking people out for minor technical issues while seemingly ignoring genuine maniacs doing stupid stuff.

Cheers, Slinky

Bubba and Swordy were pulled over in the Skeeter. They were keeping a close eye on things at the social... running up and down in front of us most of the day. I usually really like Maritime... they're doing a pretty thankless but important job. But sometimes it feels like they're giving too much attention to the wrong things, picking people out for minor technical issues while seemingly ignoring genuine maniacs doing stupid stuff.

Cheers, Slinky

We were pulled over by the guy in the Sharkcat & we were also quized about the social when he noticed our name badges.

I to have a lot of time for Maritime but this guy was a bit over the top.

For something that should have taken a few minuits we were there for 10 min or more.

He just went on & on about the infrigment.

I got the feeling he was waiting for me to become agro or back answer to give him an excuse to pull out his book.

The message here is , if pulled over be polite , don't challenge there questions or comments & unless there is a major infrigment , ther is a good chance to be let off with a warning.

Any way , all ended well & the day was not spoiled by copping a fine

Geoff

Agreed Geoff, be polite but when they keep on about things and don't let up about it and you become a little frustrated and change the tone in your voice they fine you. They are NOT god, yet some think they are and myself will not bow to them, gotta give respect to get respect i say.

Sorry about my rant but it annoys me when they try be the all high and mighty, they are paid to do a job and should do it without the power trip.

Cheers,

Leo

if they where hanging around they should have gone up river a bit because we where trying to fish near one of the bridges ,in a clearly marked 10 knot zone and 4 boats went past at very hiogh speed ............... they didnt even drop there revs to go under the bridge ..... one was a speed boat with no water skier and another had a water skier attached BOTH were at race speed .

d###heads as far as im concerned ..............

anyway was a good day .

craig

When Craig and I were near Picnic point boatshed [8knt or 4knt zone ]there were two kids in a little tinny just flogging it through the moorings , half the time the front of the tinny was 6 foot in the air , and there is no way they could see half the time as they bow was so high and the kids looked like they were only 15yrs old or so .

When we moved to the bridge as Craig said it was even worse when these race boats just flew past at 1000miles an hour in a 10 knot zone , so i had the shits and came back and took a few raiders for a burn in my boat , just not through the 8 and 10 knot zones at 1000mph.

Back to Syd harbour for me , as I can't get out on the Georges on the weekdays , and thats when it would be at it's best .

Bubba

We were pulled over by the guy in the Sharkcat & we were also quized about the social when he noticed our name badges.

I to have a lot of time for Maritime but this guy was a bit over the top.

For something that should have taken a few minuits we were there for 10 min or more.

He just went on & on about the infrigment.

I got the feeling he was waiting for me to become agro or back answer to give him an excuse to pull out his book.

The message here is , if pulled over be polite , don't challenge there questions or comments & unless there is a major infrigment , ther is a good chance to be let off with a warning.

Any way , all ended well & the day was not spoiled by copping a fine

Geoff

The Sans Souci NSW Maratime guys and girls are champions. The area they have to cover and with the demographics involved i think they do a great job and if anything they might be a little UNDER staffed. They have their blitzes and daily patrols and static patrols but there is far too many clowns on the river esp during summer. These guys look out for safety and usually prefer to warn and educate people rather than issue fines.

In the 1st few years i owned a boat on the river i was checked on most occassions when spotted and even warned for a few minor issues. These guys and girls are courteous enough to slow down and give u a friendly wave if they know ur fishing and once they recognise ur boat or know ur face.

Ive encountered the gentleman on the jet ski once while fishing with Rizzo and wish i could say the same for him.

Musty