Jewies- Mono Or Braid?

hambo692

Hey raiders,

Starting to get into jewie fishing, and was wondering whether braid or mono would be better. Probably be using 20lb line.(heaviest my outfit will take) Also, what are the best brands of braid for heavier line like this? I have 4lb Fireline on my bream rod, is Fireline still good in 20lb? And what are good brands of mono, either for leader or mainline? and... Are glass tip rods a better idea for boat rods than graphite?

cheers

FB

Edited by Flatboy

Hey raiders,

Starting to get into jewie fishing, and was wondering whether braid or mono would be better. Probably be using 20lb line.(heaviest my outfit will take) Also, what are the best brands of braid for heavier line like this? I have 4lb Fireline on my bream rod, is Fireline still good in 20lb? And what are good brands of mono, either for leader or mainline? and... Are glass tip rods a better idea for boat rods than graphite?

cheers

FB

most people have different likings to mono and braid graphite and glass i actually u all of them for jews

i have a few different set ups i usually fish with atleast 4 rods, 1x 20lb braid 2x 25lb my heavier set up has 30kb mono i dont prefer any set up i beleive the more baits out u the more chance u have of hooking up one ive landed 10-15kg models on 20-30lb outfits from the boat my sticks arnt anything special i use silstar crystal blue kamashark stick and couple graphite sticks, brand of braid and mono vary i like the green mist colour for braid and ive had alot of luck with kokoda GTR line, :thumbup:

most people have different likings to mono and braid graphite and glass i actually u all of them for jews

i have a few different set ups i usually fish with atleast 4 rods, 1x 20lb braid 2x 25lb my heavier set up has 30kb mono i dont prefer any set up i beleive the more baits out u the more chance u have of hooking up one ive landed 10-15kg models on 20-30lb outfits from the boat my sticks arnt anything special i use silstar crystal blue kamashark stick and couple graphite sticks, brand of braid and mono vary i like the green mist colour for braid and ive had alot of luck with kokoda GTR line, :thumbup:

sweet that renews my confidence thanks

braid or mono?braid dont stretch when a fish makes a surprising power surge as mono will.but its more sensitiveas it weighs less from the hook to your rod to your fingers when detecting mouthing of your bait.which would be good when detecting when to strike a tricky fish like a jew.they are completely oppasite qualities to consider.

i LOVE the braid in the surf myself as its not heavy like mono anD doesnt weigh itself down into the shore or sand break waves so itS better against the constant bump of the broken waves.but i take another reel of mono in case i start losing it to weed knots.pro there for me is not restrictive and con is expense of loss in mid line weed clump.

you can think about yours reason(s) for mono and yours possibles for braid in your environment and add what hard reason others give for their preference and you may have a good cause for paying for it.

or to know for yourself why a lot of people have it (and some had and they no longer want to know about it)is because they have their own hard reason to pay its price.wondering about it should be a good enough if for you you find theres always new things to love about fishing ,it may be another for you to go buy it to try it for yourself and know whats for you to like about it.really i reckon it could be a good link to a fish in at least one way in every environment any where.but be patient with learning that

it needs to find its new lay on your spool rather than its lay on the spool that was in the pack,

dont overfill

and be knowledgeable and respect its new technologies and respect yourself for that we've only been good at the older (mono)different technology-this stuff is entirely different.that bit is a little exciting to me.

how to keep knots out as why they got there from your use will come in early lessons and you could respect mono for its other qualities.or you could not benefit from the different qualities braid may be useful for and not learn why some embrace it.something about that bit that sold me to trying it and sticking with it.i thought theres enough fishers satisfied enough with it that i tookthe chance and experience another WAY OF HOOKIN' UP.

so thats a vote from me -for you trying it out- if what i posted may have been too confusing

braid or mono?braid dont stretch when a fish makes a surprising power surge as mono will.but its more sensitiveas it weighs less from the hook to your rod to your fingers when detecting mouthing of your bait.which would be good when detecting when to strike a tricky fish like a jew.they are completely oppasite qualities to consider.

i LOVE the braid in the surf myself as its not heavy like mono anD doesnt weigh itself down into the shore or sand break waves so itS better against the constant bump of the broken waves.but i take another reel of mono in case i start losing it to weed knots.pro there for me is not restrictive and con is expense of loss in mid line weed clump.

you can think about yours reason(s) for mono and yours possibles for braid in your environment and add what hard reason others give for their preference and you may have a good cause for paying for it.

or to know for yourself why a lot of people have it (and some had and they no longer want to know about it)is because they have their own hard reason to pay its price.wondering about it should be a good enough if for you you find theres always new things to love about fishing ,it may be another for you to go buy it to try it for yourself and know whats for you to like about it.really i reckon it could be a good link to a fish in at least one way in every environment any where.but be patient with learning that

it needs to find its new lay on your spool rather than its lay on the spool that was in the pack,

dont overfill

and be knowledgeable and respect its new technologies and respect yourself for that we've only been good at the older (mono)different technology-this stuff is entirely different.that bit is a little exciting to me.

how to keep knots out as why they got there from your use will come in early lessons and you could respect mono for its other qualities.or you could not benefit from the different qualities braid may be useful for and not learn why some embrace it.something about that bit that sold me to trying it and sticking with it.i thought theres enough fishers satisfied enough with it that i tookthe chance and experience another WAY OF HOOKIN' UP.

so thats a vote from me -for you trying it out- if what i posted may have been too confusing

Ummm? Huh?

Braid for me.

Cheers,

Grant.

Nice post Nath.

Everyones different. I perfer mono when bait fishing but thats me. Braid is good stuff when lure fishing. Comes down to personal pick :)

Just have faith in whatever you use.

Cheers

Edited by cut_loose