Botany Bay On A Monday

fran1mat

Hello Raiders,

Spent a few hours in Botany Bay this morning with Fishraider Belly and another mate. The other mate, who I will refer to form here-on-in as ol' Mate, and I were receiving our second Soft Plastic Masterclass from Belly on our newly acquired entry level spin rods and reels. We went out last week and were using some stock standard rods and reels but decided after seeing Belly in action, a cheap spin set-up was the go.

Anyway, on his third cast ol' Mate caught this gem of a flattie. Measured 69cm. I had spent yesterday tying the braid to the leader and getting both the rods/reels set-up, so I had my fingers crossed as I saw ol' Mate struggling to get her up to the surface.

post-10314-127770579677_thumb.jpeg

Released back into the wild. A few other good size flatties (up to mid-50's) were landed and released. We also got a couple of small pink bream and a trevelly.

I hope the photo works as I am a long time raider, first time poster.

All the best.

catch'n'release

Onya Buddy,

Especially letting that beautiful girl go! :thumbup:

What was the water colour out there today?

Cheers

Chris

:thumbup:

G'day Chris,

Water clarity today was good. Dark over the weed beds, and a nice light torquise over the shallow sand flats.

Regards,

Matt

:biggrin2: Good to see you finally put a report up Matt, nice flatties you scored there.

Congrats mate, keep those reports coming.. :thumbup:

G'day Ray,

Yeah, I have finally gome to grips with this fandangled computey, uploading pic's ect.

We had as good day Ray, but the week before we scored more consistently - about 8 flatties between 40 to 56 in an hour and a half . The southerly blew up a bit so we snuck back up the Georges River. We got some good hits up past the Como Bridge, but couldn't boat any of them. I have been telling everyone it was the elusive Jew Fish we have been chasing.

Belly has been terrific with his lessons, he has taken being outfished by novices very well.

Heading out again tomorrow morning (on night shifts presently), so hopefully there will be another post tomorrow arvo.

I have my fingers crossed for our mutual mate and his recent endevours.

All the best Ray.

Matt