Middle Harbour 23/04

LEELEE

Well me and Mitch decided to catch up for a fish i middle harbour. I had never fised these waters before so it was going to be a new experience for me.

My hopes were high as I need to get this monkey off my back for bream on sp's. Well we fished everywhere from roseville down to the spit for nothing. We saw about 200 bream ( i kid you not ) all hiding under the boats and would follow the sp down but would not hook up. AT one stage we saw a school of 6 big bream head out from under a boat but again not interested.

SO we headed off to Manly. Same story. Bream under boats but none in the livewell. Back to middle harbour and some pontoons. Mitch hooked up on one of the biggest bream I have ever seen. Easily a 45cm fish and then that would be underestimating, but he was to good and busted off. Mitch did land another 35cm fish that weighed in at a solid 1.2kgs.

Well all I caught was a dam pike. I'm think of selling the boat if I can't boat any keepers soon.

P.S For all you supersticious people out there, I have not named the boat and poured some champagne over the bow to christen it, technically the boats not broken in. Do you think this is the problem

Cheers

Lee