Rod To Suit Diawa Sol 2000 Reel

Mr Dalucius

Hello fellow raider's, what rod would you buy to suit my new diawa sol 2000 reel. I want a two piece ( easy to travel with) one to use when chucking blades, soft plastic's for bream and flathead as well as spinner baits for bass at Glenbawn Dam. Looking at trion tournament range. Cheers Geoff.

I can certainly recommend the Pfleuger Trion range. You'll want a 1-3kg or a 2-4kg for that reel I suppose. They come in two peice or one and 6'6, or 7'.

I have just purchased a Sol 3000 for my Trion 3-6kg 7' (such a nice reel!). I run 20lb braid. They match well in terms of weight/size and performance.

You said it. Trion. 1-3 or 2-4kg depending on what line and where you fish.

Before you buy a rod go to the local tackle store and put the reel on the rod. If it feels balanced and your happy get it. Remember when fishing blades and plastics you will be casting all day so something nice and feels good to use will pay off in the long run.

I got a new SOL last week mate there a top reel you will love it :)

Goodluck :)

Cheers.

G'day Geoff,

There's only one choice for a Daiwa Sol 2000 and thats a Daiwa Sol rod. The reel looks so sexy that it has to have a rod that looks just as good and suits it. They're awesome rods and there's a 2-8lb or 6-10lb.

Cheers, Slinky

Have a look at the Nitro Vapor 1-3kg rod. They aren't ceap but they are as light as a feather, 2 piece and they have a replacement warranty like G. loomis where if you break a section you can replace it for $60, no questions asked.

Don't be worried about the small size either, I have caught kings on mine without a problem.

trion tournament is step up in quality from trion at $100.but i bet they on par with other in their price bracket.

i looked at trion the other day and found 2-4kg rods at 6'6 and 7'.the 7'was much lighter in the tip to throw a light lure or jighead.

id reckon 1-3kg in 7' would be a little extreme for me as i dont use weights of 1 gram or less for luring.

3-6 kg may be an option for you if 4grams is more your weight.hope this helps