Unusual Catch

rickster

I forgot to mention that while fishing with slam354 for blackfish on saturday I noticed what looked like a piece of plastic floating in the harbour. On closer inspection it turned out to be a $50 note. We managed to coax it a bit closer, and as a few of you know, I've got a really long one so was able to net it (what did you think I meant)to safe ground. Agreed to share our catch, thinking who'd be silly enough to lose $50 in the water. At least it will help pay for some costly meter parking. Then, remembering that I'd used the ATM earlier that morning to get $100 (2 $50s) out and bought $40 of petrol, I'd thought I'd better check my tracky pockets. Only had $10 left. This is when we found out who'd be silly enough etc. etc. Felt a bit funny and wanted to prove that I had indeed made the withdrawal so used my mobile and made slam listen to my last ATM transactions. Not quite the same feeling as not having FOUND $50 as not having LOST $50 but in the end it was still our catch of the day!

SORRY NO PICS BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE.

lol, reminds me of my mate who was fishing for puka in NZ, thinking he had one on, only to find a shimano tekota on a backbone rod with a puka still attached to the end. Washed it down, opened up the reel to find it still in mint condition... :)

I forgot to mention that while fishing with slam354 for blackfish on saturday I noticed what looked like a piece of plastic floating in the harbour. On closer inspection it turned out to be a $50 note. We managed to coax it a bit closer, and as a few of you know, I've got a really long one so was able to net it (what did you think I meant)to safe ground. Agreed to share our catch, thinking who'd be silly enough to lose $50 in the water. At least it will help pay for some costly meter parking. Then, remembering that I'd used the ATM earlier that morning to get $100 (2 $50s) out and bought $40 of petrol, I'd thought I'd better check my tracky pockets. Only had $10 left. This is when we found out who'd be silly enough etc. etc. Felt a bit funny and wanted to prove that I had indeed made the withdrawal so used my mobile and made slam listen to my last ATM transactions. Not quite the same feeling as not having FOUND $50 as not having LOST $50 but in the end it was still our catch of the day!

SORRY NO PICS BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE.

I think for this Unusual Catch you don't mind telling me the exact spot, LOL

I think for this Unusual Catch you don't mind telling me the exact spot, LOL

If it was that good it would be one "spot x" that I would never reveal.

Only tip I can give is to find a coupla desperate looking guys blackfishing, berley up with a few gold coins and see what happens.

:Funny-Post::biggrin2: hey there Rickster u will have to let us all know, when u go fishing next so that we all can follow u around for the day & then we all can be money finders aswell lol.. atleast u got it all back :thumbup:

cheers john

Edited by johnv