The Dark Art

Hit the harbour this morning with my long time friend Tom(Stilrockin) at the ungodly hour of 6.30 am with a southerly blowing right through us and showers on and off.

We were in search of the blackfish that abound around the harbour foreshores and of late have been doing pretty well.

By 9 am we had only one fish and just a keeper at that ranting2.gif I couldnt understand why the fish werent biting but as the tide turned and the burley was deployed the blackfish came on the bite,not ravenous but enough bites to keep us very interested.

The tally for the day was 14 or 15 good fish with a couple of good fish over 40 cms.

Thanks for a top day Tom and that coffee was sensational and you even allowed me to use your cup unlike someone else I know(Paul) 074.gif

post-256-12784901017_thumb.jpg

post-256-127849011045_thumb.jpg

post-256-127849012144_thumb.jpg

post-256-127849012972_thumb.jpg

post-256-127849013995_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordy

awesome catch!!!!

im hoping to get back into blackfishing soon enough...

was wondering if you can PM me where abouts were these caught if you dont mind...

once agains, awesome catch! =] :thumbup:

Well done guys,

Yet another fish that is on the hit list for me you guys seem to be preety consistent with them.

One of these days ill have to have a go for myself.

A great feed of fish sure beats a day in the office!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Another top outing on the blackies Stewy :thumbup:

You are certainly brave with the uncertain weather predictions and proves persistence does pay dividends.

Great catch as usual and another top report and piccies :yahoo:

Tight lines

Anthony

:)

Hey there young Swordy

Thanks for a great day out chasing one of my Favorite fish

For a while there I thought it was going to be one of those days :1badmood:

Great to catch up for a fish :thumbup:

A little Cold & wet, But well worth the effort

Cheers

Tom

Hey there young Swordy

Thanks for a great day out chasing one of my Favorite fish

For a while there I thought it was going to be one of those days 1badmood.gif

Great to catch up for a fish thumbup.gif

A little Cold & wet, But well worth the effort

Cheers

Tom

Finally the monkey is off your back you JONAH 074.gif Tom and I have fished together for years and just never seem to crack a good fishing session together....boy the pressure was on today 1yikes.gif

Thanks for a great day out mate and we will do more of the same really soon.

Cheers Stewy

Thats some great niggering stewy...any hint on where to try

landbased in the harbour i wouldnt mind catching my first

well done

jess

If you look at a map of the lower harbour you will see many points to fish from and all have similar structure.

Depending on wind direction fish any of them with good weed or cabbage and plenty of burley and you will be in with a good shot.

Cheers Stewy

Guest rzep

Well done on what sounds like a trying day at times. You got a nice bag there in the end :)

That coffee would of gone down a treat :):thumbup:

Well done boys! Boy!! it would have been cold & dark at 6.30!! A nice haul after a slow start - some nice looking blackies there, too! Yum! Smoked Fish Pie!

Keith has put a request in for some more ........ I must go out & catch some more! He reckons he knows how to do it, he has heard me describe it so much .... may just have to put that to the test & get him on the breakwall when he is OK to climb the rocks!

cheers

Roberta

A great catch and a couple of awesome kickers in there for braving the weather, boys. Nice work :thumbup:

Sharing coffee cups is money in the bank for those times when your fishing mate is kicking your butt and you need to borrow one of his gun lures or A+ grade weed :1prop:

Cheers, Slinky