Christening The New Boat.

hamerz84

well we were at the ramp (revesby) by 6.30am armed with a variety of pastics and vibes started out up along the shoreline along the alfords road bridge and all the way up to the como bridge throwing everything we had at the little buggers, ended up with numerous throw back bream and a legal fish that went 32cm. today was more about taking the newly acquired hornet out for a bash and boy i can say i am extremly happy with my new boat everything i need in is on the boat very well set up vessel for tackling the breambos and anything else lurking in the river. spent most of my day trying to figure out how to use the minn kota, ive kinda got my head around it but i think im gonna need some hands on training. anyways all in all great morning on the georges no wind no rain and almost no fish :biggrin2: couldnt ask for a better way to spend my free time other than going for a relaxing flick.

p.s sorry no pics of the fish didnt bring the camera.

cheers hamerz.

post-9895-127882323365_thumb.jpg

well we were at the ramp (revesby) by 6.30am armed with a variety of pastics and vibes started out up along the shoreline along the alfords road bridge and all the way up to the como bridge throwing everything we had at the little buggers, ended up with numerous throw back bream and a legal fish that went 32cm. today was more about taking the newly acquired hornet out for a bash and boy i can say i am extremly happy with my new boat everything i need in is on the boat very well set up vessel for tackling the breambos and anything else lurking in the river. spent most of my day trying to figure out how to use the minn kota, ive kinda got my head around it but i think im gonna need some hands on training. anyways all in all great morning on the georges no wind no rain and almost no fish :biggrin2: couldnt ask for a better way to spend my free time other than going for a relaxing flick.

p.s sorry no pics of the fish didnt bring the camera.

cheers hamerz.

Didnt go to plan today but there will be many days you will just smash it, and thats Damm good looking boat :beer5:

Fabulous looking boat mate.

All you need for the river.

(other than a huge run of 50cm breambos taking up residence in a spot only you know about!) :thumbup:

I was trying to organise a day out in the same locale today, but all my bum mates chickened out.... fraid of getting rained on, and it turned out to a beautiful morning.

Best of luck on the next trip.

See you down there some time, we are in the old light blue quinnie with the 40Horse Mariner.

Cheers

Chris

Fabulous looking boat mate.

All you need for the river.

(other than a huge run of 50cm breambos taking up residence in a spot only you know about!) :thumbup:

I was trying to organise a day out in the same locale today, but all my bum mates chickened out.... fraid of getting rained on, and it turned out to a beautiful morning.

Best of luck on the next trip.

See you down there some time, we are in the old light blue quinnie with the 40Horse Mariner.

Cheers

Chris

the weather couldnt have been any better today mate.

next time that happens to you mate shoot me a pm i'm always up for a fish, my boat or yours im not to fussed.

cheers hamerz.

Edited by hamerz84

That is a great versatile boat you have there mate, she should serve you well. :D

You covered a fair amount of water there and it is a shame that you did not get the results :(

How long does it take you to get to the Como Bridge from the ramp at Revesby?

That is a great versatile boat you have there mate, she should serve you well. :D

You covered a fair amount of water there and it is a shame that you did not get the results :(

I have a little 12' Stessco with a 15hp Suzuki and it generally takes 15-20 mins to cover that section.

I went out on Saturday morning, fished about 3 hours for 1 undersize bream and a very big stick. I'm just about giving up on the river for winter now, thats three trips with similar results.

hi mate yeh it took me about 15 mins on the way back thats including all the no wash zones and the 8knot zones aswell. nice little cruise.

hi mate yeh it took me about 15 mins on the way back thats including all the no wash zones and the 8knot zones aswell. nice little cruise.

That is not too bad at all. Thanks for the info. Might have to head back down there again I think :D