Sounder Questions

Narralakes

Thinking about purchasing a sounder/fishfinder/GPS from the US and this particular one is in imperial, ie feet and mph. Do you think that because they only read in imperial that would be a big issue here? Iv'e got a rough idea of the imperial/metric conversion rate.

cheers and thanks again,

Narra

Thinking about purchasing a sounder/fishfinder/GPS from the US and this particular one is in imperial, ie feet and mph.  Do you think that because they only read in imperial that would be a big issue here?  Iv'e got a rough idea of the imperial/metric conversion rate.

cheers and thanks again,

Narra

45024[/snapback]

I don't think it would a problem at all, just a matter of personal choice, I looked at getting a sounder from the US but did not want to have to convert temperature, depth,speed etc.

Although Lowrance and Eagle sounders have both metric and imperial in built, not sure about warranty claims though.

There's plenty of fishos who prefer to see the depth displayed in feet, so I don't think that part's an issue. My only problem would be reading the temp, I can only understand celcius.

45041[/snapback]

I'm one of those guys, I prefer a sounder with readings in imperial, I wouldn't buy a sounder that just displayed in metric.

Thanks for your replies guys. To me, being of the 40+ vintage, imperial is not too much of a issue, its good to get your thoughts as always. With djmacs point, because it was made in the US for the US market, it is only in imperial, I know they have the international versions there with metric but this supplier as only imperial with this on. What do you think of the price A$450 for a Hummingbird Matrix 15 with GPS and shipping included, new still in the box?

cheers

Yeh it is pricey, I just checked out more sites in the US and they are going for about US$170 . which is about A$220 roughly. Some dealers wont ship to Australia, which is a hassle. Even with a GPS included, do yo think it is still expensive? Any sites I could look up where they deal with Australia?

thanks

Mick, about that PM, once again I got you confused with Mr Collins, sorry mate.

(sorry to get off the topic too)

45086[/snapback]

It's easy to tell us apart, Mick C catches fish and I dont :risata: , but I think Im the better looking out of the two of us :blush: