Record Fish Report

vandal

Hey Guys

I have a few quick reports so i can have a crack at the Records.

1: Brown Groper of Cronulla (Estimate 80cm +)

Fishing off Oak park at cronulla with a Cuttlefish head on a cold overcast day. Honestly just throwing the head down cause we could not be bothered to cut the tenticles off cause of the cold. Rod just goes off first time i ever heard drag actually running none stop. Had to chase it a little bit in the boat as we were so scared of loosing what it was in the reef and running out of line.

post-14840-127910466297_thumb.jpg

2: Blue Groper (Estimate around 70cm + )

Fishing in Bate Bay for bream with a 1000 saros and a 2-4kg berkley dropshot with a size 1/0 hook 4lb braid. Rod bends over to the point i thought it was going to snap. Had to hand spool the fish for a good 15 minutes (Lucky i had seen this on youtube videos of fishing) cause drag was on full. I had 20lb leader cause we had nothing else with us.

post-14840-12791049769_thumb.jpg

3: Gummy Shark - 109cm

Pretty much same as the blue groper but with 2500 reel 2/0 hook slither of bait while fishing for flathead near jibbon. Light line really does get so much more fish. Brother is holding the fish

post-14840-127910512954_thumb.jpg

4: Southern Calamari. (Estimated 50cm +)

Didn't really want to say where but here we go.

Caught in Lilli Pilli on high tide between the 8 knot markers and lilli pilli wharf where the sandbar builds up on either side and can be walked on on low tide. Big weed patch there and a great squid spot.

post-14840-12791056307_thumb.jpg

5: Octopus (estimate 3kg +)

Caught while squiding of Whallies wharf very late at night. Head is beant over my hand as we had been tenderizing him for ages.

post-14840-127910612429_thumb.jpg

If anyone thinks any of the estimates are way off please tell me as we nearly always seem to think our fish are bigger then they are.

Thanks

Edited by Vandal

Hey Vandal,

Holy S**T mate a Blue groper that size on 4lb braid....

Holy Sh*t,,,,,,

get me a new battery for my pacemaker

Holy **it..

Those buggers off the rocks used to bring me to my knees on 15Kg with a 700E Alvey and a FSU5120.

Fantastic capture.

Cheers

Chris

I was wanting to cut the line cause the little handle was bending out, But my mate wouldn't let me. Still to this day i have never had the Braid snap only ever the leader.

Hey Vandal,

Holy S**T mate a Blue groper that size on 4lb braid....

Holy Sh*t,,,,,,

get me a new battery for my pacemaker

Holy **it..

Those buggers off the rocks used to bring me to my knees on 15Kg with a 700E Alvey and a FSU5120.

Fantastic capture.

Cheers

Chris