Where Can I Catch Some Bream

whytri

hey guys just want to know where can i catch some bream.

i tried around five dock near chiswick wharf but had no luck..

i use both bait and platics but i havnt had any luck..can some one point me in the right direction please..

any help would be good..im also landbased..

Where's hens n chicken bay?

Where about in iron cove ? Not familiar abt the spot

Hey mate,

Hen & Chicken Bay is at Concord and Iron Cove is near Birkenhead Point.

hey guys just want to know where can i catch some bream.

i tried around five dock near chiswick wharf but had no luck..

i use both bait and platics but i havnt had any luck..can some one point me in the right direction please..

any help would be good..im also landbased..

Budd, anywhere there is structure- I can assure you the area you are fishing is a primt spot for BIG Bream

berley is a key element and fish with unweighted baits right in among the structure and light line and small hooks (I peronally use chicken for bait along with mullet on size 6 or 8 long shank hooks... only bigger fish will dust you but you will hook more if you use lighter line and smaller hooks and little or no lead- split shots is MOST I use for Breaming)

I can also tell you the recent water temperature drop to below 13 degrees has slowed things down considerably on Parramatta and Lane Cove Rivers- but the fish are still there top be had. Last 3 outings for me on Parra River not even turned a reel and I have fished the same areas with good numbers in the last 3-4 months, I havent changed my technique or my rig or my choice of bait but I like to mix it up between mullet and chicken then also slimeys and yakkas and even squid can be good performers if the bait is fresh as you can get it.

My advice- look up google maps and find a starting point (say your local area)- zoom in and move around on the map- search for rocky outcrops, oysters, deep drop-offs, rotten or old wharves, mangroves and the like- this is where the fish wil mostly be hanging out waiting to ambush your bait or plastic.

Move around if you must but persistence in the chosen area will eventually produce the results you desire.

A very wise fisherman once told me to stop going to different areas and fish the same spot for a good few months to learn when it fires and when it dont, this will also teach you what baits are the top baits at different times of the year and season as these will change depending on what is around at the time of the year- once you learn this you can then apply those same primciples (bait availbility, moon phase, barometric pressure, tideal movements and water clarity) to other areas as you desire and you will produce the goods most occasions.

Mate ultimately you can change your location any amount of times and if you dont change and learn what works then you may still go home fishless- trust me I did that exact same thing last year until I "learned" how to fish my area- but those things that I do right are the things I take with me to ANY location and often I walk away with the goods- if they arent biting then the fish aint there!

Good luck

Anthony

:)

I agree with Anthony but also try bread as bait. It's underated but it works a treat.

I cast as far as i can towards structure or something and use a slow retrieve constantly keeping pressure on the line.

Little hooks are a must as Bream have little mouths.

A gun fisho once told me(while explaining why I should use small hooks)that Elephants eat peanuts.

Good luck