Swansea Fishing 17-07-2010

reyzor

morning raiders,

after last weeks success myself and joe (wettinaline) decided to take the girls out for a morning of fishing at swansea... left sydney at about 4.30am and made our way up the freeway.

went to the loacl tackle store, stocked up on some salted pilles and joe decided to grab a chromie as well.

we get to our spot where we were last week to find there is no one there... where as last week the place was crawing with people fishing, uh well, lets have a go anyway.

first casts are away and we are fishing, joe was using his lure that he just brought where as myself, olga, and nancy are all using the pillies.

just as i was saying to olga that last week on my first cast i was on her rod develops a bend in it, she strikes and is on.... now silly me forgot to set the drag properly after cleaning it off last week so the fish is happily taking line, after explaing to her how to tighten it up she sets in for a fight while i make my way to the waters edge to get ready to grab it.... after a short lived fight i have the fish in my hands... a nice salmon, i give the fish to her and we get a quick photo and back it goes.... turns out its her biggest ever fish so she was pretty chuffed.

next up as im watching joe flick his lure around i see a salmon hit it and hit it hard... joes on.... again i make my way down to the waters edge to grab it this time once i had the fish in my hand it decided to loose control of its bowels and crap all over my jumper.... after a pic with joe, it lives to fight another day.

a few more casts and joe is on again, this time the fish is doing some awsome ariel acrobatics, again as joe is bringing him in i am at the waters edge ready to grab him, no such luck..... as i grab the leader it decided to rub up against the rocks and cut the line off.... there goes joe's 2 hour old lure along with the fish... spewing... uh well such is fishing i guess....

soon after this olga is on again, but this one feels a bit different... turns out its a flounder.... again after a quick happy snap it is set free.... after a while of fishing, joe decideds to take his phone out of his pocket to check the time... the phone had other ideas, it slipped out of his hand and fell between the rocks, so close to the water... joe cant quite reach it so asks me how long my arms are..... id never really measured them... so i climb down the rocks and stick my head and shoulders in a gap in the rocks and ask joe to keep and eye incase a rouge waves shows up... i manage to grab the phone and stay relativly dry.... soon after we decide to call it a day and make our way back to sydney.... all in all not a bad morning fishing, pretty sure the girls had a blast too...

Edited by reyzor

Sounds like a fun morning reyzor. A few fish mixed with a bit of "drama". Joe was lucky you retrieved his phone.

You'll have to take a camera next time.

the phone had other ideas, it slipped out of his hand and fell between the rocks, so close to the water... joe cant quite reach it so asks me how long my arms are..... i'd never really measured them...
:074:

Cheers

Peter

Yeah was a fun morning, they were loving the gold halco metal.. smashing it off the top of the water. Kinda weird taht we had the whole breakwall to ourselves, wher as last weekend it was like pitt st. Seems the sambo's dont really care about the tides, as long as its sparrows fart they are about.

Rey got pics, he is just too lazy to upload them..

Edited by wettingaline