Kingies At Texas

Headin Out

My mate and I headed out to Texas reef off Terrigal on Saturday 17th July for an overdue session for some kingies. We dropped down a livie while we started jigging. We only got one drop on the jigs beforre the bait was taken. After a long hard fight to get it off the bottom it came up relatively easily. We didn't weigh it but we estimated it around the 10kg mark. We also caught a 70cm kingie, an undersized rat and a large bonnie. We also lost another good fish when we struggled to get the rod out of the holder and the line got cut on the prop. Why does jigging always sound like a good idea until after the third or so drop. We are planning to head out again in a couple of weekends. We are going to focus on livies during the next trip.

Cheers and see you on the water

post-15025-127962438188_thumb.jpg

My mate and I headed out to Texas reef off Terrigal on Saturday 17th July for an overdue session for some kingies. We dropped down a livie while we started jigging. We only got one drop on the jigs beforre the bait was taken. After a long hard fight to get it off the bottom it came up relatively easily. We didn't weigh it but we estimated it around the 10kg mark. We also caught a 70cm kingie, an undersized rat and a large bonnie. We also lost another good fish when we struggled to get the rod out of the holder and the line got cut on the prop. Why does jigging always sound like a good idea until after the third or so drop. We are planning to head out again in a couple of weekends. We are going to focus on livies during the next trip.

Cheers and see you on the water

great report mate that is one fat fish! :1yikes:

How deep were you?

Thats a very nice king. I was out at Texas on the 19th and tried jigging for kings, only got one keeper and a lot of bonitos some quite large. Met up with a few guys at the ramp who had better luck on the kings with livies and bait.

The only problem was livies are little harder to find atm.

• 10 months later...