Nthn Beaches 23072010

wannabefisho

Well it had been planned for a week for me to take johnny to the Nthn Beaches, we were armed with mullet, whole fresh yakkas and pillies.

We arrived around 1:45pm (I think) and trekd down the beach to our vantage spot.

We watched for a good hour and had a beer or 2 while doing so, we had plenty of time up out sleeves.

We decided to move back past the surf club and in front of the car park

There were quite a few surfers out enjoying an arvo session and the sets were quite big maybe 4-6 foot

First cast Johnny is on and we think this might be something half decent, but when it came onto the sand it turned out to be a flattie about 40cm that was foul hooked.

He was returned and we held high hopes for bigger things... biggrinthumb.gif

I lost my bait after a few dent hits and we waited...

At about 3pm we had a captive audience (the local gulls) after our bait on the sand and they thought they could steal our frames from the water after some encouragement to keep away from out bait buckets

Anyway Johnny does a good cast and one of the gulls tries to get the bait, gets tangled in the line and slaps around but is release unharmed mfr_lol.gif

post-12300-127993977468_thumb.jpg

Then, after losing a few baits I finally connected to a fish- a nice lively Sambo

He wil become fish cakes tonight, YUMMO!!!!

post-12300-127993980177_thumb.jpgpost-12300-127993979084_thumb.jpg

Around the top of the tide I got a good strike but I left the biatrunner on so I missed it, lol

The weed moved in right on the top of the tide and we called it quits about 30minutes after.

Thanks Johnny for good company we will have do do a session up Broken Bay soon its worth it trust me. fishing1.gif

Tight lines

Anthony

Good Onya Guys for getting out there and having a go!!!

Yum Fishcakes!!! Ill have a go at making them one of these days!!!

I might have to join you guys when you head up to broken bay providing its not too cold :frozen::1gathering:

Regards,

Nathan

THATS ONE MASSIVE FOOT!!!!

What about the hairy leg :074: :074: :074:

Well done on the session guys :thumbup: It is a shame that the weed moved in and cut your session short :ranting2: