Fishing Trade Show

Guest hottuna

Guest hottuna

Was fortunate in getting an invite to this years trade show held on the gold coast. If you get excited when walking into your local tackle shop this place will almost kill you! I have never seen so much tackle , bits peices etc. Looking forward til next year.

We had a fantastic time and managed to seal a few accounts we were chasing , I pleased to say we now have Shimano . So any of you die hard fans will be able to get very competitive prices from us.

Apart from all the bag fulls of samples i now have to try (someone has to do it *G*) one thing that im keen to push are the Avet Reels from USA. If you haven`t heard from them and in the market for a no noncense super hard core overhead in any size then check them out at www.avetreels.com

Looking forward to a fish this week, maybe thursday out of broken bay.

Dan

Edited by iain

Hi May Be NOT mate if you like big tackle shops if your ever in the states check out the basspro shops. 3 and a half acres of pure bliss, like being a kid in a candy shop :thumbsup:

Edited by snag

All this talk of fishing expos and giant stores is making me druel. My missus has put a semi-ban on me buying anymore tackle :crankymissus: She just doesnt understand - it is impossible to not collect (I mean have correct stocks of) fishing tackle. I go absolutely nuts at a trade show. :ohyeh:

Why is it that woman can buy as many: shoes, pants ,tops, legins, skirts, blowses,bras,undies, lipstick,foundation,eyeliner,maskara,hair clips,stockings,herbal tea,pajamas, slippers,tampons ,magazines,west coast coolers,boob tubes,tank tops,the pil,hats,hand bags,necklaces,rings,fluffy steering wheel covers,earings,urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,g strings, tea towels, toothpaste,tiolet sprays, shampoos, conditioners, vibrators ,windex ,camemberts,dunny brushes,oil burners,baby on board stickers, betamax videos, pot plants, door mats, extra keys, knitting needles shit I could go on for hours !

When we cant even but so much as a packet of freakin hooks ! Go figure :crankymissus:

*this statement maybe prone to slight exageration ( but not much)

c''mon guys, show the man in yourself.

dont give the wife a chance to even complain. She has no right to.

You are the MAN of the HOUSE. show''em whos BOSS. I do, it works for me :ohyeh: after the first 2 or 3 arguments they slowly start to accept it.

You tell em, they should no better not to interfere

oh yeh..... good luck :crankymissus:

Adam

Yeah ill try that one tonight. Ill tell her im gunna buy what I want when I want ! Then Ill pack my bags and move into your place Adam :ohyeh:

Nah Jokes- My missus is the best :thumbsup: she lets me do and get anything I like. I cant complain at all.

Edited by Grantm

Guest Jocool

MISSUS...Is that a nice new rod and reel I see there Hun???

ME.......What...this old thing??? Are you blind woman? I have had this rod and this reel for well over...INSERT BELIEVABLE TIME HERE....And you complain that I take no notice of you!!!..SEE...you dont even know what I own!!! :(

The last time I took my missus to the tackle shop she said she wanted to buy me a good rod so I would stop complaining all the time :thumbsup: I asked how much I was aloud to spend :confusuion: she came back with the perfect answer....no more than say $500 :yikes: :thumbsup: Sweeeeeeet.

Ended up getting a Rack raider, Stradic 2500, a few HB''s and SP''s, 2 spools of squidgy braid, Various leeder and a few little extras thrown in.

Just tonight she said that when I get my tax back I can pay a deposit on my canoe. Sweeeeet again. I''m not sure if she is just being nice or planning something, might be an influx of womens clothing in the house when I come home from work one day...

Guest Jocool

Dont be alarmed if she comes to you after your trip and shows you a huge phone bill!!! :P  :P  :P  :nana:

Speaking from experience Chris??? :confusuion:

Mitch,

Thats the classic "tit for tat technique" this is taught in all girls schools threwout Australia and is fast becoming a popular tactic. It comes from the famous "How to manipulate your man" text from the 1980s.

The technique basically involves letting your man( or promising him ) he can buy an item for a set amount, then without warning a mysterious female item will be purchased at equal or greater value ! tit for tat. be carefull.

:ohyeh: :ohyeh: :ohyeh: :ohyeh: :ohyeh: :ohyeh: :ohyeh: :ohyeh: :ohyeh:

The phone bill will probably from ringing me every half hour to make sure i''m not getting into trouble.

As long as I get to go fishin and drink some beers I am happy if she wants to buy some girly stuff. I offered to give her half my tax money to go spoil herself since she has just had the baby and hasn''t bought anything for a whil. Gee i''m a good bloke :ohyeh: :ohyeh: :nana:

Mitch,

Don''t forget their all Terrorists :uzi: and I dont know for sure how they do it but it will end up costing you in some way :bopper: It might not be obvious at the moment but there will be some sort of pay back times ten. Good luck young Jedi and may the force be with you :grogon:

\[b\]MISSUS\[/b\]...Is that a nice new rod and reel I see there Hun???

\[u\]\[b\]ME\[/b\]\[/u\].......What...this old thing??? Are you blind woman? I have had this rod and this reel for well over...INSERT BELIEVABLE TIME HERE....And you complain that I take no notice of you!!!..SEE...you dont even know what I own!!! :(

Joe I tried that but the new, near white cork grips are a dead give away. :nono:

Though the stradics are all the same colour and ''she'' didn''t twig when a 2500 appeared :ohyeh:

Bill

Then when a new item would appear I would state that I was keeping it for a mate

:rollaround: :rollaround: Tried that ...thats a good ploy! It works.

One thing that works in my favour is that she doesnt give a stuff about fishing...so she wont look at the gear, let alone memorise numbers! :naughty: :naughty: