Fishing Weekend.

patchy

finally convincing the boys to get a serious weekend of fishing done, planned to leave sydney on friday night about 11 pm and head to snappers point rocks. getting there we put some pillies on the hooks and got the line wet. pretty quite but managed to get 6 salmon on the pillies, but the lures were quite that day. after being excited about fishing we decided to go home for the arvo and head out to jervis bay on saturday night. got to jervis bay about 5 am on sunday and the weather couldn't have been better for this time of the year, straight away got the gear ready and headed onto the rocks. rigging up all the lines sent out the pillies again and started to spin whilst waiting. was a quite morning and nothing was happening, so the other group of 3 people we met there decided to leave, but we decided to stay a bit longer and be patient. got a bonito off a metal lure and my mate put it on omoto overhead. after 45 mins we got a big run off the overhead, all we could hear was the line running, having turns at fighting the fish for 40 minutes the line got snagged to a rock and ended up snapping the line. deciding to have a nap after being upset of losing the fish, i wake up to everyone going crazy, pulling in salmon left right and centre, so i jumped up and got my line into the water. before starting to spin my lures i was already hooked, and ended up being a busy afternoon. after the salmon disappeared we started to pack up and it was hard to find out who was carrying all the fish back up(luckily it wasnt me :P)

all in all a top weekend :thumbup: thanks for reading guys :D

post-13982-128087207097_thumb.jpg

Good fishing mate... But can i ask what you would do with all of those Salmon? They are just about edible if you fillet and skin them instantly... But only just.

Maybe you should have put one of the salmon back out with a hook in it :biggrin2:

Good fishing mate... But can i ask what you would do with all of those Salmon? They are just about edible if you fillet and skin them instantly... But only just.

Maybe you should have put one of the salmon back out with a hook in it :biggrin2:

i wasn't by myself mate, we bled them straight away and split them between bout 6 of us, and i halved my share with myself and my grandparents.

Nice haul there patchythumbup.gif Not much on the taste side but they give a good account of themselves especially on light gear. On saying that I have one mate that comes out with us and he loves them, he fillets a couple as soon as their landed and straight onto the cooker, the look on his face you would swear that he was eating lobster.

Regards Jeff

Great catch Patchy - and what commitment to fishing!! That's a lot of ground to cover in one weekend.

And a good haul of salmon. I like to keep them as pet food or mince them up as burley for other fish, but occasionally I'll smoke one or cook one up as fish cakes. Don't let the haters get you down - they're just jealous that they can't fish as well as you!!

Top effort.

is snapper point rocks in the mumoarah state park? and doesnt it have gates locking you out of the area to sun up??? or am i talkin about the wrong snapper piont im just curious

yes its the right snappers point, we got in about 4 am and the gates were open, and left around after lunch.