Nice Bream And Big Grins.

marcel haber

I have been hungry for a fishing fix over the last three weeks and knew that I had to get out there before I would drive the family nuts.

Contacted my brother to see if he would join me and he piked out- we have had very few fish lately with the shut down due to the time of month and the cold weather.

Was getting very depressed and decided to go solo - when I thought of my good mate Pete.

I gave Pete a call at 4pm and found that he was very busy fixing the car. I managed to twist his arm and we agreed to fish the run out around 7 pm that night. I was just happy to be heading out and I knew we were in with a slim chance of taking home a feed.

Met Pete at the boat ramp and we headed out to a new spot which Pete had had success some months ago.

We set up and begab the burley trail and sat back and enjoyed a cup of tea and a chat.

The action was a little slow so we planned our future trips and discussed politics and footy - as PETE SAT BACK AND BEGAN SIPPING HIS COFFEE , whamo Pete is onto a good fish.

We managed a few throwbacks and some keeper bream.

Pete managed to land a 64 cm flattie which we released and he will add the picture later on.

We kept enough fish for a feed and released the rest and headed home very happy before the cold chill set in.

Marcel

Twin 1

post-3455-128123912538_thumb.jpg

post-3455-128123914783_thumb.jpg

Edited by twin1

thanks for putting the post up marcel, I will get the photo up of the flathead a bit later on when the GF comes home as I am technilogicaly challanged. thanks for twisting my arm it was a very enjoyable night with great company and you did a stirling job with the net on the flathead too.

P.S. I promise nathan(beginner) and johnny (Fisher doi) I will get out with you guys soon!

pete

.post-8689-128124260202_thumb.jpg

post-8689-128124263181_thumb.jpg

Edited by tide'n'knots

Good on you guys,

Finally some action close to home!!!!

I must admit the cold has got the better of me too but ill be back in full swing soon just looking for a new car but thats proving

difficult!!!! look forward to catching up when your free pete and also marcel would not mind having a crack with you also...

Regards,

Nathan

Top catch twin (1) You picked a pretty cold night. You deserve all you catch.

Hey stefan, way back in the 70`s I made a wind protector from canvas that I stuck up on my tinny.

Two solid pieces of timber with a length of canvas fitted to each end and then stuck in two rod holders that were fitted to the boat.

Kept the wind off you and the chill factor down. B` cold but when you had to move. Also had a smaller one for the bow of the boat.

Easily rolled up. Just like the prawn drag net but with out holes.

They were the days of hair tail fishing.

is the flatty pic the inside of ur boat? if so it looks pretty cosy compared 2 mine which is all open 2 the wind.. :)

gday mate, yes the photo was taken inside the boat just before we let the big girl go back for a swim, i have a pretty good set up with some tarps around the canopy - a little fiddly to set up but well worth the effort on a cold night!

pete.

:074: :074: I'd recognise that tarp anywhere!! I thought you were going to get proper panels?? So long as it does the job, eh!!

Congrats on that nice lizard & top bream! How big did the breambos go? Were they caught on your Hawkesbury Prawns??

Nice feed!! I've since found that bream smoke up a treat as well!!!

Well done Marcel & Pete - it would have been f-f-f-freezing out there!!

Cheers

Roberta

:074: :074: I'd recognise that tarp anywhere!! I thought you were going to get proper panels?? So long as it does the job, eh!!

Congrats on that nice lizard & top bream! How big did the breambos go? Were they caught on your Hawkesbury Prawns??

Nice feed!! I've since found that bream smoke up a treat as well!!!

Well done Marcel & Pete - it would have been f-f-f-freezing out there!!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

Yes it was cold - very cold.

The bream went around the 32 - 33cm mark, they were all caught on prawns and chicken fillet within sydney harbour.

When that tarp goes out it looks like a 70s panel van(the sandman ) with the rear door up

Marcel :thumbup:

Edited by twin1

Hi Roberta,

Yes it was cold - very cold.

The bream went around the 32 - 33cm mark, they were all caught on prawns and chicken fillet within sydney harbour.

When that tarp goes out it looks like a 70s panel van(the sandman ) with the rear door up

Marcel :thumbup:

If I owned a sandman I would have someone better looking than you riding with me marcel!!!! :074:

G'day,

Well done to get amongst a few. You gotta work hard this time of year to catch descent fish. Done a few off shore trips and the weather has been pretty bad. Caught a few fish but really nothing to write home about. Did sat night into sunday for bugger all fish other than bait. I did catch a just legal skinny king in MH last friday on a live slimie.

Tight lines and bring on better conditions.

Mike