Jew Session.

Jewhunter

G'day all.

I was looking at all of my big rods over the last few days of rain & got that itch to have a beach jew session again.

It's hard to believe that I haven't had a jew bash since moving up here nearly 4 years ago! :1yikes:

It didn't take much to convince Greg, aka browndog2, to join me. :biggrin2:

Conditions looked nice being a couple of days after the new moon with a bit of sea running & a rising barometer with a 9.30am high tide.

Decided to try a new spot that I've been checking out for a while. It's a short, steep beach protected by 2 headlands that gets alot of foam over it with a swell running.

Had some o.k squid for bait but forgot the bloody pillies even though I took gangs to try to get a fresh tailor for bait. :ranting2:

Lines in by 7.00 am & about 7.45am had a big hit on the squid that nearly pulled the rod out of my hands but didn't hook up. Felt very jew like to me! :(

A heap of bait moved in & so did the tailor. Greg managed a nice chopper over a kilo.

He said "yum, that's my breakfast." I think he was a bit shocked when I took a side off it for bait & lobbed it out! :074: We would have brained the tailor if we had pillies or a metal but I wasn't there for tailor!

I managed a bream that somehow got an 8/0 in it's gob but no more big hits.Left about 10.30am.

Nice morning in the suds. Saw a couple of whales in close & a few dolphins.

I will hit again for sure at some stage. Night high tide with better bait & you just never know....

Check out the pics. Greg dreaming of the other side of his tailor & I wonder why this beach is called Boulder Beach! :074:

Cheers,

Grant.

I wonder how Greg liked his half breakfast? That's some real ankle-breaking looking sand on that beach :biggrin2:

Like I said on the phone though mate... you should have taken a banana. Greg doesn't qualify :074:

Hope you're willing to share some time down there with a Queenslander too... my big rods are all very dusty.

Cheers, Slinky

Good onya Grant, It is good to get out with the big stuff every now and then,

shame you did not hook up to a jewie but it sill would have been a blast to

get back out on the beach, you owe your buddy half a tailor now.. :074:

Bloody hell!! What beach is THAT Grant??? It looks like the 'beaches' of the Big Island of Hawaii, not far from Kona!! Theirs is made of lava tho!!

Good on you for giving it a go - that itch has been truly scratched!! Nice big tides recently, eh? Shame the big hit didn't hook up!! Obviously in the right spot!, tho!

Nothing wrong with fresh tailor, eh? Lovely smoked, too!

Cheerio & great to be able to get out with a mate,eh? Too bloody windy down here, today!

Roberta

I can't believe you thieved half his bloody brekkie!! :074:

Well, look out jewies. He's back, and he'll obviously go to ANY lengths to capture you. :biggrin2:

I received a photo from an English friend recently, which was captioned "One of our magnificent beaches". It looked identical to that photo! Needless to say, I sent him a photo of mine. I've never read so many expletives in one sentence in his reply!

Cheers

Skip

It's hard to believe but that beach drops off straight into clean sand! :1yikes:

No boulders except from where you stand. We didn't snag up once.

That beach is just down from Lennox Head on the way to Ballina. About an hour drive south from my place.

I actually owe Greg a whole tailor. I took the other side & split the head in half so the whole thing ended up as bait. :thumbup:

I did buy him brekky though to make up for it!

Mmmm. I'm back baby!!!!!! :yahoo:

Cheers,

Grant.