Blackie Session

rickster

After a couple of ordinary trips recently, I caught up again with Steve (slam 354) to see if we couldn't find a comfortable, protected spot that still held fish. Headed east of the bridge on the southern side of the harbour. Started around 7.00, bit of burley and Steve's into a fish straight away. Hook pulled but apparently not the biggest anyway so let's keep trying. Within about an hour we've got about half a dozen in the bag, so Steve decides he'll hook a double. On one hook he's got a 6 inch blackie, on the other he's got a 6 inch surgeon. The surgeon must have been having a real good look at Steve's bait because that's where he hooked him. In the eye! Fish kept biting fairly steadily over the next few hours and our total continued the climb, as did the amount of money we kept feeding the meters. Around 12.00 things went fairly quite but we thought they may come back on again as the tide started to run out. Gave the meters their "lunch money" and ready to settle in for another hour or so of fishing. Gee that wind's got strong! Gee those clouds are dark! Gee we're getting wet!!!!!!. Packed up very quickly, couple of pics and we're out of there. Ended up with 21 in total, Steve getting the biggest at just around a kg. Also included a photo of Steve's "st george" float in business-definetely better than a "rooster" float.

P.S. another school of big mullet showed up again, wouldn't look at the bread I kept throwing in but seemed to be feeding on the brown weed growing up from the bottom. Some looked over a kg.

Rickster

post-11436-12819154622_thumb.jpg

post-11436-12819154863_thumb.jpg

.....included a photo of Steve's "st george" float in business-definetely better than a "rooster" float...... oooooh, them's fightin' words!!!

he he Well done Rick - nothing better than watching that float duck down QUICKLY! Yeehaa!

Yeah, I really hate feeding those hungry money meters!! None up here :biggrin2: ....... yet!! :wacko:

CHeerio

Roberta