You Dont Need To Head Out Wide To Catch Kings

Piss'n'Broke

Greg hit the water at the ungodly hour of 1230am last night in pursuit of kings and squid. After several hours of squidding he had 14 squid and 2 cuttle fish in the boat, his best effort for a month or so. At first light he hit a favourite spot of ours in middle harbour also armed with yakkas as well. At precisely 6.47 when I was on the phone to him he had a triple hook up on squid/cuttle and yakkas. All three fish were boated and all were legal. Another 45mins passed before another rod took a hit with a yakka, nice another legal king :biggrin2: .

It slowed right down after this til almost 9am when his last yakka went howling, bugger a sambo :ranting2:

End result was 4 legal kingys 70-89cm, and 1 small sambo about 50-55cm. All fish were released except one king which I plan to palm half off to, tmr to my boss in exchange for a case of beer, and eat the other half tmr night.

Goes to show you dont have to travel abroad for them, as Greg has been consistently picking kings up in middle harbour the last 3-4 months though not as many as todays session.

Dan

Hey George I would post pics but Greg does not have either a digi cam, or even one on his phone. Gotta get him outa the pre-historic days lol :biggrin2:

Dan

Well done-I've fished next to Dan and Greg on occasion with the fly,and I am always impressed with their results.They always do well.

Mark

Greg hit the water at the ungodly hour of 1230am last night in pursuit of kings and squid. After several hours of squidding he had 14 squid and 2 cuttle fish in the boat, his best effort for a month or so. At first light he hit a favourite spot of ours in middle harbour also armed with yakkas as well. At precisely 6.47 when I was on the phone to him he had a triple hook up on squid/cuttle and yakkas. All three fish were boated and all were legal. Another 45mins passed before another rod took a hit with a yakka, nice another legal king :biggrin2: .

It slowed right down after this til almost 9am when his last yakka went howling, bugger a sambo :ranting2:

End result was 4 legal kingys 70-89cm, and 1 small sambo about 50-55cm. All fish were released except one king which I plan to palm half off to, tmr to my boss in exchange for a case of beer, and eat the other half tmr night.

Goes to show you dont have to travel abroad for them, as Greg has been consistently picking kings up in middle harbour the last 3-4 months though not as many as todays session.

Dan

Mate looks like all the hard work getting the squid pays off.

12:30am .... maaate you must be like me.... cannot go to sleep the night before a fishing session... so might as well head of now and sleep after the fishing :thumbup:

Edited by Fishing Fanatic

I fully anderstand, i am a bit like that as well pre-historic days, as i get the kids to help me on the pc and wont give up my old mobile due to scared of changes. Hope you are not offended mate, i just love getting on the site and reading post with pictures.

Cheers,

George.

Same here, thats why I dont reply much to posts without pics.

well done on the Kings, you sure are keen, 12.30am out in the harbour in the stone cold winter.

I fully anderstand, i am a bit like that as well pre-historic days, as i get the kids to help me on the pc and wont give up my old mobile due to scared of changes. Hope you are not offended mate, i just love getting on the site and reading post with pictures.

Cheers,

George.

Noooo mate definately not, some one just needs to introduce Greg to technology, he has an IPOD, laptop, portable HDD, and portable DVD player, and is even looking at a GPS soon. But a digi cam, WTF :074: . Small steps

Hey MJI been out lately? You been chasing kings or the salmon at the moment?

Dan

Edited by Dan and Greg

Noooo mate definately not, some one just needs to introduce Greg to technology, he has an IPOD, laptop, portable HDD, and portable DVD player, and is even looking at a GPS soon. But a digi cam, WTF :074: . Small steps

Hey MJI been out lately? You been chasing kings or the salmon at the moment?

Dan

Dan,

I've been getting a few salmon lately, and a couple of kings in the harbour of late.The kings are there as you have demonstrated (and the sounder goes berserk at times)-but getting them to bite is

another story! I fool them with the fly on occasion.

Mark

Edited by mgj

Hi Dan,

Good effort. I went out tuesday morning late for a few hours. Took me awhile to get some slimies but managed to get some smaller ones down. Fished a different spot in MH much deeper than usual as the sounder was showing fish moving through. Ended up with a keeper kingie and lost another fish for no hook up. Great short time on the water then went home and back to work.

Mike

Hey dan,

Good to see you and Greg getting into the kings...still yet to get to the squidding spot before him!!!! He really does put in the effort and it shows in his results. he is a little oldschool isn't he :biggrin2::biggrin2: Are you guys still in the ryde area?

Cheers,

Brent ( white CC galeforce )

Hey dan,

Good to see you and Greg getting into the kings...still yet to get to the squidding spot before him!!!! He really does put in the effort and it shows in his results. he is a little oldschool isn't he :biggrin2::biggrin2: Are you guys still in the ryde area?

Cheers,

Brent ( white CC galeforce )

Hey brent I dunno so much about ole school, as mad! Takes a effort to beat him to the squidding. Yeah not quite in the ryde area anymore but only just up the road at Marsfield mate.

Dan