Fishing The Maroochydore River 2/05

Well here goes on my first fishing report :

With to day being a public holiday here in Queensland and it not raining :1badmood: for a change. I rang a mate and got him to come up for a day's fishing. So we hit the water around 6am with the wind settling down from blowing strongly :badair: all night and the threat of rain we were off from the Bli Bli boat ramp heading up river as I was hoping to get a bass coming down to spawn. We got to our first stop of the day which was a little back creek around five k's from the ramp. With the boat positioned in the middle of the creek and the current running out quite fast we begun throwing watermelon 3 " bass minows around. About 10 minutes in to the campian I put a cast tight in against the mangrove bank and come up tight on a 29cm bream, which was a promising start to the morning. With the rain begining to fall and the wind dropping right off we both reached for the wet weather gear. We moved from snag to snag under the silence of the electric motor. We applied a thick layer of Bush mans so we didnt get lifted out of the boat by the bloody mozzies :thumbdown:. Any way we come up to an old wooden bridge and my mate puts his lure up a tree after a couple :ranting2: he ends up getting it out and as soon as his lure fell out of the tree and hit the water a flatty with a death wish jumps on after a short battle he's safely in the enviro net, Happy days where both off the duck so we could now go and try and get some thing a bit better so it back to the main river and off heading up towards another spot I go too. With the rain now stopped the conditions are bloody perfect. So we start fishing the deeper rocky drop offs. After a couple of casts I come up tight with another bream, he's netted and returned to the water. On my next cast another breambo and the confidence is sky high. Another five minutes of fishing and bagging out my mate for not carrying his weight and bang I'm on again this time its solid and i"m thinking Jack anyway after a good fight and a couple of tense moments a 46cm mangrove jack was in the boat and the high fives where going all round after a few happy snaps and he was in the live well those bastards sure are aggressive with him trying to bite me on a coulpe of occasions. I couldnt stop smiling it was a great feeling as I have only court a few jacks since moving up here from Taree which nun had been legal. After a few more hours fishing and another six bream later we called it quits and headed for the ramp. what a way to send the day :1clap:

Gaven :biggrin2:

post-98-1115034995_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys for the feed back. I was over the moon with that catch as I was only using my bream rod with 4 pound fireline and 6 pound nitlon leader. I was just likely that I turned him and managed to pull him towards the middle of the river with the electric.

Guest Jocool
there's a lot more in Sydney than most people think.

45964[/snapback]

Stop teasing me Swoff! :tease::tease: