Lake Mac With Son

Catchin Jack

Hey Raiders,

Took my little 3yr old son out for a quick fish last week on Lake Macquarie as he's been hassling me to take him out but the weather hasn't been the best but we gave it a go and he got a pinkie near the drop off. He was using my old Pflueger Asaro rod with a little Abu Soron reel with 4lb braid. He couldn't understand why he couldn't keep it, still not understanding the size limits.

We took a quick run outside over the bar but he didn't like it to much saying the waves were to big, real reason was a bit of spray came over and his face got wet haha.

Did a little more fishing but it was pretty quiet, missed the Salmon otherwise I would've hooked him up one of those but I probably would've lost the rod.

Can't wait to get him hooked up on a decent fish and see how he goes.

Here he is bringing the fish in, unusual way of reeling it in but he knows better he told me.

post-10101-128274271044_thumb.jpg

Here he is with one of his fish

post-10101-128274261837_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Leo

Edited by Fezza

Hey Fezza,

It looks like your son is giving that rod a head-lock ! No way he's gonna let that go.

Shame you couldn't have put him onto a sambo - he would then be hassling you for fishing trips 24 X 7 ! :thumbup:

Also, good to see him wearing the lifejacket, even in calm seas - well done....

Edited by Keflapod

Yeh i'm going to take him out next week hopefully in the afternoon and wait for the arvo run of salmon, just gonna tie a rope to the rod and around him haha.

He knows what rod/reel combo he wants to use and always picks my good gear, just like his mum when buying hand bags.

As for the life jacket, he knows he isn't allowed on the boat without it on, I was looking at the Maritime website and new life jacket rules are coming in soon (1st Nov/2010).

Here's link to it New Lifejacket laws

Cheers,

Leo

Edited by Fezza

Yeh i'm going to take him out next week hopefully in the afternoon and wait for the arvo run of salmon, just gonna tie a rope to the rod and around him haha.

He knows what rod/reel combo he wants to use and always picks my good gear, just like his mum when buying hand bags.

As for the life jacket, he knows he isn't allowed on the boat without it on, I was looking at the Maritime website and new life jacket rules are coming in soon (1st Nov/2010).

Here's link to it New Lifejacket laws

Cheers,

Leo

Good stuff Leo. You are starting him off with good habits. Have a look at a poll we did here on fishraider recently too.

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=49822&mode=show&st=

Cheers mrsswordie