One For One..

FishDrought

Hey Raiders.

Just a quick report to share one of the greatest experiences of my life..thinking about it, it does not say a lot for me...

I was lucky enough to accompany Dave (Elwood Blues) on a trip to Port Mac last weekend to test out some new gear.

We arrive at our mate's place for the obligatory meet & greet catch up, checking our watches and staring at the water in the canal behind his house.

With true kindness our mate could see our pain, he let us head straight to the water with four new rods between us. One of the set ups I had taken included a Sedona 1000 and 1-3 Sic stick, which I was desperate to test......I tie on the leader, tie on a orange big eye blade and sailed out my first cast.

For a pretty basic combo I was really impressed by how smoothly the line peeled off the spool.. I clicked over the bail arm very pleased with my purchase, you could feel the vibration of the blade through the rod tip.

THEN SMACK, the rod loads up, a couple of short runs and boom lands a legal flattie.

To say I was stoked would be a massive understatement, the first time I have blooded a new combo on the first cast "awesome".

The rest of weekend went well except the baby flatties that were in plague proportions, we couldn't keep them off our lines. I ended the weekend watching a bloke in the canal score a huge taylor on a popper & I had a great fight with my PB Trevally who measured in at 43cm.. That little combo & and blade is quickly becoming my new favourite outfit hehe,

Cheers for reading my incoherent ravings & hope you have good luck this weekend.

Dave thanks againg for a top weekend mate. Great fishing, plenty of bacon for brekky & top company ...does it get any better than that!

Jase

Edited by FishDrought

Good one Jase on blooding the new combo- it feels great when you know nothing about performance of a new outfit and it stands up nicely like that- I had a similar experience with a new "cheapie" combo a few weeks ago on a legal flattie just round the corner from my place and some just legal taylor... a real buzz and I was very surprized how nice a new combo feels in your hands... time to really break her in now mate... Bring on the summer croc's, whiting and breambo's I reckon...

Tight lines

Anthony

:)