Port Hacking Sat 28 Aug

wildcard68

Ventured onto Port Hacking for the first time with a mate's boat (a spur of the moment thing) armed with a map and no local knowledge and homework on the fishing spots we decided to explore.

On the water at 6.30am and headed out to Jibbon beach and had no luck. Just pested by undersize fish. Headed back into Burraneer Bay a caught a couple of small bream (all released).

Just as we were about to leave - "bang" - the rod screamed and what I thought with the fight was a small jewfish ended up to be a 39cm Whiting. I have never seen a whiting this size in Sydney before...what the hell are these fish eating.

The rest of the day was slow, but we weren't complaining.

Next with a little more homework, better maps and fresh local bait things should improve.

Wildcard

post-12236-128303259806_thumb.jpg

nice whiting mate

they go hard aye

Cheers Mate - havent had a whiting fight like that before...one big run and then berserk at the boat. Couldnt stop laughing the entire time. I playing a whiting like a sports fish. Great on light gear.

Done good mate for the first time in the Hacking, The Hacking is very hard to fish properly if you don't know it. There are a couple dvd's out there, the one i found best is Gary Brown in the Hacking. Be very carefull and take extra notice of the marker poles because there is alot of shallow sections in the hacking. You would find live yabbies over at Mainbar and plenty of arrows all over the Hacking at the moment for your fresh bait.

Cheers,

George.

George, thanks for the tip looking forward to the next time - armed to the hilt with the right bait and gear. Wildcard