We Did It

winfield

finally got what i was looking for, after 4 years of fishing and many cold nights alone on jetties and rocks and untold dvds on how to catch em.I bagged this mutha of a jewie,I spent 30 mins trying to swim my jewie in waist deep water but the poor bugga wouldnt right himself, which was a shame after targeting them for so long ,I've gained much respect for the elusive mulloway.Is there a site where it tells you how long the fish can stay out of water and how to swim them....Thanks jew gaffa,jew hunter,kenn-g and the fishraiders site for all your help and info. This was not just my jewie but a combined effort, that once all information was gathered and applyed correctley paid dividends.

post-7132-128322243114_thumb.jpg

post-7132-12832224524_thumb.jpg

Edited by winfield252001

finally got what i was looking for, after 4 years of fishing and many cold nights alone on jetties and rocks and untold dvds on how to catch em.I bagged this mutha of a jewie,I spent 30 mins trying to swim my jewie in waist deep water but the poor bugga wouldnt right himself which was a shame after targeting them for so long ,I've gained much respect for the elusive mulloway.Is there a site where it tells you how long the fish can stay out of water and how to swim them....Thanks jew gaffa,jew hunter,keng and the fishraiders site for all your help and info this was not just my jewie but a combined effort that once all information was gathered and applyed correctley paid dividends.

Congratulations on your first jew, the bug only gets worse from here on. Hope to see many more photo's over the coming months :1fishing1:

pongrass18ft

Congratulations on your first jew, the bug only gets worse from here on. Hope to see many more photo's over the coming months :1fishing1:

pongrass18ft

hahaha you know what that means ....a trip down to the tackle store with the wifes credit card yeeee haaa

Excellent Another Happy Member of The Mulloway Addicts :biggrin2:

As I was told 1 year Ago they will get Bigger but I really hope that you dont have to wait 6 months to catch another one like i did!!!

Good on you for your effort persistence pays off Congratulations :thumbup:

by the way what did she measure??

The first Jew is something you will never forget Enjoy the feeling :biggrin2:

Regards,

Nathan

Congratulations, must be one Great feeling :yahoo:

Man its an awsome feeling and all this time i was over looking one thing and that was bait size. I was watching a dvd where the presenter was paying heaps of attention to his bait size and also how to strip squid , awsome fathers day idea secret silver.

congrats on bagging your 1st jew mate.you'l be on that high for long to come.did you manage to get a measurement & est. weight on it.& what bait or lure did the damage???well done mate,great fish.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

going off that pic with the bag and the lighter (and thats a big arse light)she about 74cm weight i'm not sure bout 4-5kg, ithink and squid strips

finally got what i was looking for, after 4 years of fishing and many cold nights alone on jetties and rocks and untold dvds on how to catch em.I bagged this mutha of a jewie,I spent 30 mins trying to swim my jewie in waist deep water but the poor bugga wouldnt right himself, which was a shame after targeting them for so long ,I've gained much respect for the elusive mulloway.Is there a site where it tells you how long the fish can stay out of water and how to swim them....Thanks jew gaffa,jew hunter,kenn-g and the fishraiders site for all your help and info. This was not just my jewie but a combined effort, that once all information was gathered and applyed correctley paid dividends.

congrats on your first jew your a champ!

Still waiting for my first and must have done 40 or so fishless trips

Must be doing something wrong id say :(

What bait was it...i dont think they like my gulps i keep throwing them

out but nothing might try something different.

Thats a real monster champ how did you manage that

ol :yahoo:

nice work mate

what depth of water did you catch him in

from memory jews pulled up from over 10mtrs of water have a pretty low release rate

your right, it was smack bang in the middle of the shipping channel, and the current was heaps strong too. And this is the second time this has happend. Same spot, and i wonder if its happend to someone else? but i've cast my line out had it set for about 15mins and my friends cast out, and as soon as the sinkers hit the top of the water my drags started running.Now this happend to us last week but he caught the jew and this week was my turn,my theory (now i'm a freaking expert after one jew) is that the jew had it in his mouth my mates sinker scared him in to hooking himself. What say you my fellow fish raiders?????

Still waiting for my first and must have done 40 or so fishless trips

Must be doing something wrong id say :(

What bait was it...i dont think they like my gulps i keep throwing them

out but nothing might try something different.

Thats a real monster champ how did you manage that

ol :yahoo:

Mate i've gone the plastic hunting for jews and only come up with flat head. squid strips is what i bagged the jewie with, but man one massive help was secret silver from one fisho to another this dvd helped out heaps

Mate i've gone the plastic hunting for jews and only come up with flat head. squid strips is what i bagged the jewie with, but man one massive help was secret silver from one fisho to another this dvd helped out heaps

Thanks man where can one get this dvd from

im so hangin thanks for the banger tips. :biggrin2:

squid strips hey,,tried that once will give it a go

Wow thanks :thumbup:

finally got what i was looking for, after 4 years of fishing and many cold nights alone on jetties and rocks and untold dvds on how to catch em.I bagged this mutha of a jewie,I spent 30 mins trying to swim my jewie in waist deep water but the poor bugger wouldn't right himself, which was a shame after targeting them for so long ,I've gained much respect for the elusive mulloway.Is there a site where it tells you how long the fish can stay out of water and how to swim them....Thanks jew gaffa,jew hunter,Kenn-g and the fishraiders site for all your help and info. This was not just my jewie but a combined effort, that once all information was gathered and applied correctly paid dividends.

Good on ya.don't think my marriage would last 4yrs without a fish,she who must be obeyed would start to get suspicious,know what I mean?

10 out of 10 for persistence,well done.

Good on ya.don't think my marriage would last 4yrs without a fish,she who must be obeyed would start to get suspicious,know what I mean?

10 out of 10 for persistence,well done.

I refer to her :wife: as, minister for war :ranting2: and finance, It's more war over my finances.

Well done Mate. The elusive Jew as they call it and I am sure we all know why it's call that. Haven't caught one in Sydney but have bagged a few out of Newcastle harbour. Biggest bein 113cm. Planning a all nighter up there in a few weeks if anyone is interested. Happy to share my tips and spot.