Early Season Bass Fish

erwin

post-6886-128331437953_thumb.jpg[attachment=57671:P8280452.JPG

Hi all,

With the bass season back upon us I decided it was time to chase the bass in the Hawkesbury near my place in Windsor. This time of the year can be a little hit and miss and you need to move around and search some times over a few days to locate fish. My mate Michael and I and his brother hit the river long before sunrise but struggled to find fish early. Once the sun came up we had a few short takes until Michael and Chris both managed fish in the 39cm to 40cm bracket on surface lures but after that they shut down on the surface. We changed to sub surface offerings and found the fish in the mood for Jackalls fished erratically. The fish were wide spread and took some finding but there was enough action to keep us interested. We were lucky enough to land about 15 fish between us between 35cm and 42cm. The highlight for me came when I hooked a solid fish and during the fight it felt like the fish swam through a tree or some branches. I became concerned until the fight changed a bit and then up popped not one, but two bass on the one Jackall, a 32cm and a 42cm fork length fish, now that was a first for me. All in all a great morning and nice to catch some bass again after a winter hiatus. Roll on summer.

Edited by erwin