Laurieton-Early Fathers Day Visit

hobbitt

Hey ''raiders''............

Just got back home from a very quick, short trip up to my dads (Don) house @ Laurieton. A chance to escape the daily grind back home, and catch up with the ol' fella for fathers day wishes and a little bit of LB fishing. Spent 2 days around the fish co-op, armed with the best smelly old servo prawns for bait, lol. Not sure of the final tally, but safe to say roughly a dozen or so throw back fish consisting of squire, bream, flatties and whitting. Of that, there were only 2 keepers (1xflathead & 1xwhitting) I am not going to say (brag) who caught the keepers...............But, I'm sure dad will one day, take a fish or two home of his own, ''one day'' maybe. I had a GR8 couple of days with dad, I managed to take him and his wife out for tea at the RSL, had a top feed. All in all, a fantastic couple of days, and tabled 2 decent fish, which I'm sure the old salt will have for tea tonight.  :au:

Well done Hobbit - a win win situation, really! For both you & your Dad, lucky him, living there!! (And that comes from a Forster FIsho!) :074:

I love Laurieton - great spot, terrific fishing, even better meals at the RSL .... and one of the best junk shops on the East Coast!! :thumbup: It is also the spot I came in 7th in the ABT yak fishing round (not having fished it before in the yak!) :biggrin2: Maybe I was biased? :074:

Cheerio

Roberta